Easy-Build group build?

Started by Supertom, July 15, 2009, 12:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supertom

How about an Easy-Build/Snap-Tite group build?  Use whatever snap-together kit out there (Revell, Hobby Boss, Bandai Gundam, whatever) and whiff from there.  If anything it'll reduce build time and allow us to concentrate on the modifications.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

philp

I thought we called that the 1 week GB.

I'll get my coat.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

AeroplaneDriver

I've got a couple of snap-tite kits in the stash...might be a good excuse to build one, since I rarely look at them for a 'normal' build.  I kinda like the idea, and would try hard to participate if it happened.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Supertom

Quote from: philp on July 15, 2009, 02:05:34 PM
I thought we called that the 1 week GB.

I'll get my coat.

:lol:

*tosses tar and feathers at Philip's*
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Shasper

I'd be down if this gets underway, got a bunch of ideas that make use of those Revell 1/100 easy kits!
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

philp

*Cleans off tar and feathers*

So, would you have to just snap the kit or could you glue it (or tell anyone if you did)?
Can you convert with parts from other kits or would they also have to be snaps?

Actually have a couple Gundams that I wanted to use for a Humor build but they won't work so might come up with something from them.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Brian da Basher

Sounds like fun. I've got at least one Hobby Boss kit in the stash. Despite what "serious" modelers say, those suckers are a lot of fun and a good bang for the buck, at least in 1/72.

Count me in.
:thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Weaver

I'd be up for that: I've got a couple of Hobby Boss P-39Qs waiting for their turn under the whiff hammer, and I also have an idea for the Revell easy-build Harrier....  :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

SinUnNombre

What kind of time frame would we be looking at here? Also, is there any limit on How much of the original kit should remain? I only ask because I've got a build on the bench that involves starting with the Revell 1/72 F-117 snap-kit and ending with a 1/24 scale Formula 1 slot car. I'm only planning to use the top of the fuselage, and possibly part of the vertical stabs for the wings, on top of a scratchbuilt chassis. Would this be eligible? My understanding if it's not. I live half of a mile from a Hobby Loby and could easily pick up another snapper on which to work my magic. Thanks a lot.

Jon

Daryl J.

Two words:  Pegasus Hobbies.   :thumbsup: