Panzer IV mit Rheintochter AA Missile - Finished

Started by buzzbomb, July 12, 2009, 02:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzzbomb

So.. if you take a couple of the hugest Knitting needles you can find, 15mm diameter.. and the come bigger :o

Hack away at a 1/35 Academy Panzer IV (which is all they are really good for anyway)

You eventually end up with.. a PanzerIV mit Rheintochter Self Propelled Missile platform for your Panzerwaffe '46 collection

In launch Mode.. yes it all works

Disassemble Stephanie.. well a way to show the two bits

Still got some way to go, with the last of the control fins on the missile, plus some more mounting jiggery pokery, but moving along ok. A couple of weekends work

Cheers  Brian T

Maverick

Holy Cow Brian, that's some serious work indeed and a brill concept.  :o :wub:

Regards,

Mav

Aircav

Great bit of modelling Brian, hope to see more and welcome to the site.
All the best
Steve
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Geoff

Cobra

Sweet & Cool :ph34r: This is a Great Example of 'Whiffing' to the Extreme!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: :bow:

Mossie

Brilliant!  Guess it fits into the Fatherland world, what to do with surplus Panzer IV's.  Great conversion work, the knitting needle missile is a work of art, HOG would be proud!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Sisko

Wow Brian that is certainly a great bit of kit bashing!
Excellent stuff!!!!! :bow:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

ChernayaAkula

Wow! Amazing craftsmanship at work there!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Ed S

Nice Whiffery.  And a good use for all those knitting needles people here seem to be getting as they take up knitting.  Excellent display of scratchbuilding skills.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

thedarkmaster

WOW,            cant think of anything better to say  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

tanktastic43

nev

I'm not one for a smiley only post, but

:o
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

Top notch work! :thumbsup:  Similar vein to the Panther profile drawing I did a while back here.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Chap