Main Menu

the F-14 Tomcat GB

Started by Spey_Phantom, July 12, 2009, 02:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

same concept as the P-40 and Spitfire GB. build an F-14 (or use the F-14 as basis for another aircraft.
reason: seriously, who doesnt like the tomcat  ;D

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

puddingwrestler

One thing you should NEVER say around here is 'seriously, who doesn't like X' because someone will spring up and say ME!

Not that in this case it will be me.
Because I treat any single subject GB as an opportunity to kitbash it into something completely different and I think the Tomcat may have potential as a battle cruiser.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Weaver

heh - I have a Tomcat project in mind that would make it's fans spit feathers...... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

nev

Quoteseriously, who doesnt like the tomcat 

Me!  I used to quite like it and its colour schemes, but the legions of Fanboys on ARC have put me right off
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

Quote from: nev on July 12, 2009, 08:27:00 AM
Quoteseriously, who doesnt like the tomcat 

Me!  I used to quite like it and its colour schemes, but the legions of Fanboys on ARC have put me right off

Someone should do that picture with all RAF aircraft that have been phased out over the last 15 years ;D

Aircav

Quote from: Nils on July 12, 2009, 02:03:52 AM
seriously, who doesnt like the tomcat  ;D

As long as Tom Cruise isn't flying it...........
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Taiidantomcat

Obviously I will be up for this  :thumbsup: I have more ideas for F-14s than I do models  :cheers:

Some F-14s I have found:
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,24956.0.html
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

AeroplaneDriver

I'd be up for it.  The Tomcat is my favorite teeniebopper...and yes, it does have potential as a battlecruiser...   :thumbsup:
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

PanzerWulff

I have had a Kuaiti tomcat in the planning stage for some time now ,maybe I'll actually get around to building it
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

Weaver

I have a sneaking suspicion that someone's already done it, but for what it's worth:

EF-14G Wildcat: the SEAD version  :thumbsup: :wub:

(can you imagine how hard an AGM-54 Pheonix ARM hits?  :blink:)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones '

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Weaver on July 15, 2009, 04:35:32 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion that someone's already done it, but for what it's worth:

EF-14G Wildcat: the SEAD version  :thumbsup: :wub:

(can you imagine how hard an AGM-54 Pheonix ARM hits?  :blink:)
i think i already build one of those a couple of years back, but it didnt turn out so well, guess i can always try again.

anyway, i was also thinking of a F/A-14E multirole version. maybe ewuiped with JDAM or Harpoon ASM's.
ive seen JDAM equiped F-14B's in Ace Combat 5, and you have no idea how right that looks  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

AeroplaneDriver

I can imagine an RAF 12 Sqn Tomcat FGR.2 low over the water with a pair of Sea Eagles under the belly...
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Weaver

For people who think Tomcats are too pretty: De Havilland Seacat.  ;D

1. Split the front fuselage and widen it at the expense of the inboard walls of the intakes,

2. Triangularise the outboard intake walls so their top edge is further outboard under a reduced sweep fixed glove,

3. fit side-by-side seating with am off-set fighter canopy and a coal-hole for the RIO.....

- Indiana Jones '

Taiidantomcat

That would turn some heads!!  :o
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

ElectrikBlue

Quote from: Weaver on July 18, 2009, 09:34:01 PM
For people who think Tomcats are too pretty: De Havilland Seacat.  ;D
3. fit side-by-side seating with am off-set fighter canopy and a coal-hole for the RIO.....
De Havilland Seacat, sounds nice to me Weaver!  :mellow:

Here's my take F-14 + Sea Vixen cockpit...
...and single seater, F-14 + Flanker canopy.