I don't mind Hyperscale, but some of the people ...

Started by jcf, July 08, 2009, 11:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

http://www.network54.com/Forum/149674/message/1247087484/I+dare+somebody+to.......

I dare somebody to.......
July 8 2009 at 5:11 PM

.........have the nerve to build one of these.

First person that posts pix of it here, I'll make an offer of a kit of their choice from a list I'll come up with.

http://www.fokkerdr1.com/Profiles/Profile_TW29.htm

http://www.fokkerdr1.com/Profiles/Profile_TW25.htm

Gary Adams

So who here would have the 'nerve' ... ooo scary ... to accept his dare?
:banghead: :banghead:

B777LR

I would do number 1 if i had a DR.1 kit in my stash :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

^ :lol: Me too! In a heartbeat! Sure looks the part!  :thumbsup:

"Luft '17"? I kinda like that name. :lol:

I see your point, though, Jon. It's a bit annoying we're seen as the red-headed stepchildren of the modelling world. Well, their loss. And it frees us from convention.  :party:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Daryl J.

This makes it tempting to switch the plan for the 1 Week GB.   

Daryl J.

philp

Quote from: Daryl J. on July 09, 2009, 10:08:38 AM
This makes it tempting to switch the plan for the 1 Week GB.    

Daryl J.

Yes it does. I am liking the Lilac Baron.  Gotta find a kit.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

B777LR

Lets bombard him with Fokkers in these paint schemes!

Daryl J.

Daryl J.

Ok.. lessons wanted:   Which direction did the Dr.1 turn better due to torque effects?    What's the name of the race with the Extra 300's (or whatever they are) that fly the crazy courses marked by those air filled cones sponsored I think by Red Bull?

TIA,
Daryl J.

Martin H

I did this very bright pink DR1 for a pevious scale model world display (IPMS COventry & Warwickshire's Prity in pink display) Certainly stands out

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

jcf

Quote from: Daryl J. on July 09, 2009, 02:00:14 PM
Ok.. lessons wanted:   Which direction did the Dr.1 turn better due to torque effects?    What's the name of the race with the Extra 300's (or whatever they are) that fly the crazy courses marked by those air filled cones sponsored I think by Red Bull?

TIA,
Daryl J.

To the right.

The Red Bull Air Race.  ;D

B777LR

If anybody has a Fokker too many, and is willing to donate it, contact me please! I dont mind building obscure little scales, horrible old 1960s kits, horrible Aurora and Starfix kits etc, nor do i mind if it's a revell snap tite :thumbsup:

puddingwrestler

It's rather insulting that it's a dare, and that one of the replies states that he will build them if the prize for doing so is to replace the kits he uses (I'm sure he is thinking 'ruins')
I've got a sopwith camel and an SE5A (Or maybe a Brisfit, I can't remember exactly), but I could do those is rasperry ripple... Or imagine a HandleyPage 400 in anti-flash white ala vulcan! Or a bare metal spad (carefully paitned with aluminium paint over the fabric by mad frenchmen!)
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Sisko

It's not just on Hyperscale, but seems to be a fashion amongst some of the more, let's say earnest modellers, to regard each kit as a precious commodity, whose rare status should mean, that they will be built with respect and reverence. Any deviation from the stated and approved schemes according to these people leads to the "loss" of that kit forever.

When in faaaaaact.........they are mass produced by the thousand in a factory in some former communist dictatorship, directed by company executives, who when asked by a slinky blond at the bar, say they work in the toy industry :wacko:

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

ChernayaAkula

So, what do we do? Pile in on that thread? Collectively pick up the gauntlet and drown them in funky tri-planes? Make our own dare, daring someone to build a Me 109 as it did look in the real world?  :wacko:

I remembered I bought one of the Revell Dr.1s when they came out with a new tool (I believe it was a new tool) in 1/72 a couple of years ago. Never started it because I sure as heck ad no intention to paint it red. A red Dreidecker? How much more cliché can it possibly get?  :rolleyes: :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Brian da Basher

I've never done those schemes, but I did build a Fokker Funfdekker (flown by the Brown Baron von Scheissehaus) and a Raspberry Ripple SE-5 (ok mine had a radial engine, enclosed cockpit and spats...)
:cheers:
Brian da Basher