A tale of Two (English) Lightnings . . .

Started by Shasper, July 08, 2009, 07:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

Ok so my building mojo just hasn't been what it use to be, and with my schedule this summer being all kinds of screwy I aint too sure if I'll be participating in this year's 1WGB, but if I do give it a go I'll be doin one or 2 Tam 1/100 BAC Lightnings, one in RAF NEAF Sand/Brown over light blue, the other . . . well its a surprise but something that's been on my mind for a long time  :thumbsup:

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Shasper

Well I hope to startin Mon afternoon . . . currently out of town visitin' the GF & her folks after a hellascious week.

The RAF Lightning will a profile build based on art done up by Gekko:

- Bud S.

Shasper

As promised here's a couple of pics:

Both kits prior to construction, plus my on-going MiG-21 build

And the kits as of this morning before class, both fuselages are glued together. Since then I've added a few fiddly bits & some filler, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get everything built up & ready for primer (gotta love these small kits)

- Bud S.

Shasper

As of 0830L 16July:

And here's Liz as she is right now:

- Bud S.

ChernayaAkula

Always good to see Lightnings! :thumbsup: Even more so when they get painted in one of Gekko's schemes!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Shasper

Taking a break from build #1, Here's our mystery Lightning all puttied up:

Now she'll be finished in a similar scheme to this:

(But not in PLAAF roundles ;) )

- Bud S.

Shasper

And both kits as they are 2135L 17July:

Managed to get the camo started on Liz, while #2 is primed n ready to roll into the paintshop.

- Bud S.

Cobra

Very Cool :ph34r: They Look Great :thumbsup: Any plans to add a Shark's Mouth???? just asking. :cheers:

Shasper

If I had the decals . . . It sucks being in college, everything I *need* isn't here :/

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Shasper

Just a quick update, Liz is essentially done apart from decals, canopy & the pitot tube being added. #2 still needs the camo finished, armed & a few other things. Should have them finished Sun evenin or Mon mornin.

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

Shasper

Well I lied, but it's not my fault (honest)!

After the GF left earlier this evening I went back to the bench, went to open my bottle of Testors MMA steele only to discover a mass that only Jabba the Hutt would love. I tried to recessitate only to find that I thinned it too much . . . so I'm dead in the water.

Here's some updated pics in the mean time:

Both birds as they look right now (plus a fishbed I've been trying to finish)

Liz & #2 trying to see eye-to-eye

And the underside of both.

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

nev

Too bad mate, I tried to hold the door open for you as long as I could
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Shasper

Ah it's all good Nev, I'll be back next time ;-)
- Bud S.