Wanted: 1/72nd PZL P.24

Started by Weaver, July 07, 2009, 10:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Pretty forlorn hope I know, but such things DO exist.

For the record, the PZL P.24 was the ultimate export version of the P.11c, fitted with a Gnome Rhone engine and an enclosed cockpit. I want to do it as a whiff Spanish Civil War aircraft.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

philp

Sorry man, hoarding my kit for a RW Greek version.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

Quote from: philp on July 07, 2009, 12:23:07 PM

Fair enough - what make is it?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

TsrJoe

iv a Polish vacform PZL.24 i built a while ago to represent one of the Finnish ordered examples, a really nice kit, iv heard of an injection kit also being released (Encore reissue?) but havent seen one in person, good luck in your quest, ill keep my eyes open too, cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

philp

Quote from: Weaver on July 08, 2009, 05:03:03 AM
Quote from: philp on July 07, 2009, 12:23:07 PM

Fair enough - what make is it?

Mine is the Encore kit.  Not too bad.  Could use a little extra detailing.  Keep thinking of using parts from a PZL.11 but only have one of those.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Weaver

- Indiana Jones

IanH

IIRC, Broplan in Poland do a Vacform of the 24.  I know Mirage have one in 1/48th.  I believe HANNANTs may have one or two in stock.

Weaver

Quote from: IanH on August 14, 2009, 02:20:09 PM
IIRC, Broplan in Poland do a Vacform of the 24.  I know Mirage have one in 1/48th.  I believe HANNANTs may have one or two in stock.

Mirage do various PZL.11s, 23s, 24s and 37s in 1/48th: unfortunatly, that's not my scale (space reasons). However, thanks for prompting me to look: I just found a 1/72nd ZTS P.37 Lós on Hannants (might be awful, but certainly cheap!). The Lós was offered to the Spanish Republicans before it was even announced to the world! No order due to the non-intervention treaty though, still, in What-if World...... :wacko:

- Indiana Jones

IanH

Glad to be of help - I've got the 37 in the larger scale in my to do stash...IIRC, the ZTS kit is a bit of a beast :blink:
I was wrong about Hannants, it's actually Aeroclub:
http://www.aeroclub-models.com/s.html?c=43&cn=BROPLAN

Weaver

Quote from: IanH on August 15, 2009, 01:51:23 AM
Glad to be of help - I've got the 37 in the larger scale in my to do stash...IIRC, the ZTS kit is a bit of a beast :blink:
I was wrong about Hannants, it's actually Aeroclub:
http://www.aeroclub-models.com/s.html?c=43&cn=BROPLAN

It's injection too, not vacform. Trouble is though, it's nearly twenty quid -  :blink:

- Indiana Jones

IanH

Broplan must've upgraded to Injected, cos IIRC, the main stuff was Vac, Struts, Engine etc was injected...
But, do you have a Polish contact, or even contact Broplan direct?

Weaver

Quote from: IanH on August 15, 2009, 02:13:40 PM
Broplan must've upgraded to Injected, cos IIRC, the main stuff was Vac, Struts, Engine etc was injected...
But, do you have a Polish contact, or even contact Broplan direct?

On reflection, I suspect it's mis-described on the Aeroclub site: EVERYTHING else I can find by them is vac-form.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: apophenia on August 15, 2009, 05:45:46 PM
Wrong side o' the Pond but ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Modellad-Poland-PZL-P-24-Airplane-Model-1-72_W0QQitemZ350238148028QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518bd205bc&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Modellad Poland PZL P-24 Airplane Model 1/72
Item condition:   New
Time left:   20h 29m 48s (Aug 16, 200914:13:40 PDT)
Bid history:   4 bids[Refresh]
Current bid:   US $3.30    [$4.24US Postal Service First Class Mail]

Ahh - didn't see your post until the auction was over.  :rolleyes:

Not sure I want to take on a vac form, to be honest.

- Indiana Jones