Polikarpov I-156

Started by Tophe, July 05, 2009, 12:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Going on with my old realist models what-ifing, I found these (1977?) I-153 and I-16, 1/72 (Heller and Revell?) without canopy (and without propeller anymore for the I-15)... The blue color (instead of snow white) was the what-if side I had already in the 1970s while the gun smoke effect was my JMN bad side... Now, I want to include them as innocent whifies in my gently-mad collection. I consider joining them into an asymmetric twin-plane, biplane on port and monoplane on starboard, discarding undercarriage and creating black canopies/eyes, panting the whole twin-plane sky-blue again, without nationalistic roundels anymore... I would remove the remaining propeller and make round elegant noses... I will in July or August probably.
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Thanks to http://avions.legendaires.free.fr/accueil.php 3-views, here is the project to turn plastic (apart of more aerodynamic noses):

B777LR

Interesting idea! :o :thumbsup: :wub:

I don't think they had canopies though, both were open cockpit aircraft :thumbsup:

Tophe

Now that the Bf-109Y is finished, this will be the next model, probably.
I have considered changing the name, from Polikarpov to Polychrom or something, does this word exist in English as it does in French? Or... maybe Polygamic, as Poligamov I-156, that sounds all right, for a twin-plane (is the husband of twin-sisters polygamous?)...

Tophe

First step: removing extra parts, cutting off wing-tips:

Tophe

Mrs Poligamov I-156, on her way to be a flying twin-wife:

Tophe

Almost finished, still wet with the paint:

Tophe

Mrs Poligamov is now alive, with full make-up...

Tophe

Her friend called her "big nose" (or "big noses" as she is a twin). Hey, this is an insult... On Earth (and in the sky), there are slim noses (called 'in line') and flat noses (called 'radial'), this is natural, beauty depends on each one's point of view.

Tophe

Tophe

Showing her charms at sunset...

Brian da Basher

This may turn out to be my favorite yet of all your magnificent projects, Tophe! The I-156 seems especially well-suited for the asymmetric treatment.

I remain in absolute awe of your creativity.
:bow: :bow:
Brian da Basher

Tophe

Thanks a lot dear Brian. ;D
Well you may know I have done even worse (but not in plastic): I-154 half biplane... :blink:
(on my fake photos site http://www.kristofmeunier.fr/fake_aircraft_2.htm )