Messerschmitt Bf-109Y coming…

Started by Tophe, July 04, 2009, 06:29:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Maybe you remember my 1/32 Bf-109U (below) made by cutting away the swastika fin and adapting tailplanes from a Me-262 (turned 262-R, tail-less swastika-less).
Well, the Bf-109U has been "classified" by my wife's spring-cleaning, and... the tailplanes were not solid enough, I found the parts apart in a box... together with tailplanes of some twin-boomers it seems. Well, I plan, not to build again the fragile 109U but to invent a more solid Bf-109Y with biplane twin-fin tail...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Tophe

Sauragnmon

Sheer beautiful insanity - it's spectacular.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

jcf

Now we know what became of the designer of the Capelis Safety Plane;D

Whacked out as ever Tophe, keep up the good work.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Thanks to you all.
Well I may have rather funny ideas but my skills are poor (and my courage is low). I did it in a few minutes, imperfectly. I still have to paint it (all sky-blue tail) but my wife said "no paint smell, we are going to have visitors", so maybe next week-eend...

Brian da Basher

I just love the nice high fins and rudders which compliment the horizontal stabalizers very nicely! You certainly have an excellent eye for design and your skills are much better than you may think, mon ami.
:wub:
Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

I like the box kite tail...it would be perfect for a loitering aircraft.

Tophe

Thanks Brian, thanks a lot.
Cthulhu, I did not know the English word "loitering" (not learnt at school, nor in my work)... Babel Fish tells me it is the French "flânerie", wonderful! I love this loitering-aircraft concept, even better, more quiet and gentle, than tourism-aircraft! Thanks!

Tophe

Quote from: Brian da Basher on July 05, 2009, 02:43:03 PM
I just love the nice high fins and rudders
They are better viewed with the angle below (not finished yet, maybe next week-end: paint job). Yes, such modern fins look like "Me-109 1945" far away from "Bf-109 1935"...

Sisko

That is one funky design! Wouldn't the tail plane create more drag though? Or would the lift generated outweight the drag?

And I laughed out loud when you mentioned your wife "classified" the model by spring-cleaning.

Reminds me of the rough dusting my childhood models recieved at the hands of my obsessivly clean mother. :blink:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Tophe

Thanks for your nice words and memories, Sisko ;D
About drag and lift, well, uh... :blink: Just, as a (Would have liked to be) air-engineer, let me tell you how tailplanes were working, years before the YF-16 fly-by-wire:
The center of gravity is in front of the lift center, creating a nose down tendancy (if the too-slow plane falls down, this is nose-first thus gaining forward speed and lift again: self-balance flight principle) SO the rear tailplane action is not lift at all but pushing downward...
With my biplane tailplane this is double push downward, that is why, uh... the Bf-109Y designer is a what-if modeller, rather than an aerospace engineer, OK? ;D

Weaver

Take it as a compliment when I say it's surprising how good that looks Tophe... :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Tophe

finished (according to my standards, sorry...):