1/144 Hobbycraft B 58 Project

Started by Brian da Basher, July 02, 2009, 01:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Here's the victim:

Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher

And here it is after the first coat of paint on the fuselage. I know I should do a better job of posting in-progress shots, but this kit has maybe 10 parts...

Brian da Basher

Brian da Basher

Wait, is there something a bit different? you ask...

Well, those are some pretty generic engine pylons that I cut and sanded down for a sleeker look. The kit engines will end up on another project someday. I also cut the fins off a couple of bombs to make the fuel tanks. Oh, and I made a little radar blister from one of the pieces I chopped off the engine pylons. Here's some closer shots of the small modifications.

To be continued...
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

nev

Brian?  Are you feeling all right?  You're building a plane that I have heard of and recognise! :D
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

JayBee

Do I detect a touch of Scale-o-rama coming on here?
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I have feeling my good friend from Scotland has nailed our 'Klunk' on this one..... Now if ever there was a reason to give us a 'popcorn' smilie.....

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

ElectrikBlue

I have great interest in your project... can't wait to see more...  :thumbsup:

sequoiaranger

...you're going to put propellers on this one, too!!   :blink:

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Brian da Basher

You know, I actually did consider props...

Here's how it looks with most of the paintwork done.

I'll be away for a couple of days but hope to have the decals on and final pics up Sunday.
Brian da Basher

Jeffry Fontaine

Looking good so far.  Definitely looking forward to seeing what markings it will be sporting.  The TF30 engines are definitely a nice touch.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Sauragnmon

Interesting work so far Brian, the new engines look interesting, and I love the tinted glass.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

thedarkmaster

looking really cool, like the two engines, very nice
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

lancer

Looking good.....where are the spats????
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Sauragnmon on July 03, 2009, 10:03:55 AM
Interesting work so far Brian, the new engines look interesting, and I love the tinted glass.

I'm really glad you guys are enjoying this one. The tinted glass effect is surprisingly easy. All I did was paint the inside of the clear pieces with gunship gray.

Stay tuned, I'll be getting the decals on in a bit.
Brian da Basher

John Howling Mouse

You weren't kidding when you said you weren't going the scale-o-rama fighter direction.  But this is maybe even more interesting!  Very nice, very sleek.

You might lose your honorary standing with the Spats! Club Of America if you keep up with all these jet builds, though!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.