15 (31.9%)
BrittMac's 2 x GhostRaiders
4 (8.5%)
Lenny 100's SabreHawk GA.2
3 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Voting closed: July 22, 2009, 08:23:55 AM

Ian the Kiwi Herder

So after much delay - which I have apologised for previously - here is (finally) the poll for the winner of the Trainers with Teeth/CoIn Group build. Hopefully my fellow moderator Jeremy is able to read this, and I hope his lack of contact is solely due to 'technical' probs or similar and not as result of anyhing too serious: If you are reading this, Jer, get in touch soon, OK ?.

Well this is the second GB I've 'modded' and it the quality of modelling shown here has been simply tremendous, so to all those of you who took-part, thanks guys and give yourselves a collective RoA (Round of Applause). As always I would have liked to have seen more entries & variety - all aircraft again - but I guess that simply reflects what the folks who entered this particular GB, regularly build. Interesting that this time around, almost all the entries were to 1:72 scale..... even mine  :o, perhaps this is the scale of the future after all  :blink:

So over to you lot, thanks once-again to the builders for entering and thanks in advance to all here who take the time and effort to vote. I've limited the votes to just one per person and just for a change, we're not going to see the cumaltive during the three-weeks the poll is open. Closing date is 22nd July, so we've got three weeks to register our opinions.

AFN

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

kitnut617

Very, VERY hard to choose from all these builds, well done everyone.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

philp

Can I vote about 5 times?   :blink:

There are just so many excellant ideas and builds in there.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Captain Canada

Wow....that was a hard vote ! But one jumped right off the screen at me near the end. Looks kinda like a miniature Corsair on steroids !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Gawd - I had to review the Finished Projects thread to remember what I put in for this, never mind anyone else.... ;D

Hard decision - about 5 possible winners that were very hard to separate.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

tanktastic43

Hard to choose.
Well done all, and good luck.  :thumbsup:

NARSES2

One vote ! It's almost impossible - well done to all and everyone  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Brian da Basher

Picking a favorite was difficult indeed. Having so many entries of such high quality sets the bar very high.

Thank you Ian and Jeremy for leading this GB and for all the other participants for making this fun and inspirational!
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

BrittMac

Ha ha, the vote wasn't tough for me.  I love the Terrier.  What a nice build.

This may sound strange, but I just built mine for fun, not for judging exactly.  Was fun to build them, now I gotta plan a new whif......what am I saying, I already have one planned.

Doesn't matter who wins to me, as long as everyone else had fun like me!

kitnut617

Well done Ed, congratulations.  And like BdB says, I too found it tough to vote just for one, great builds by everyone.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

nev

Congratulations Ed on picking up another (well deserved) gong!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ed S

Thanks guys.  THere were lots of nice models in this GB.  Contrats to all who participated.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Absolutely right.....

It was close but that paint job was simply too special..... Well done Ed, and to everybody else..... T H A N K S, Some truly original stuff this time, hope to see you all in another Group Build sometime (very) soon.

:cheers:

Ian

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Weaver

Yes, well done Ed - that paint was truly excellent. :bow:

Well done to everybody else too - good turn out!  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones