Aircraft machine gun pod for post WWII and Korean War era aircraft

Started by philp, June 29, 2009, 01:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

All,
My Rabid 'munk is still lacking some teeth.  The machine gun pods from the Heller T-6 won't work because, a) they hold 2 guns and b) they are too long  :banghead:

What I am looking for is a .30 to .50 style gun pod, single barrel.  1-2 of said pods would be great.

As always, I have decals available and a pretty good parts box for trading.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kitnut617

Do you have an Airfix A-26 or access to one, the kit comes with four .5" '2-gun' fairings which attach to the underside of the outer wings which could be converted to a single gun or even some pods from a P-39/63 would work too.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

jcf

Why not make one out of sprue or plastic tube?

Here is the LT-6G single .30 'gun package'.
http://www.geocities.com/t6modeling/techorders/lt6ggunpod.jpg

Jon

philp

Jon,
Thanks for the link.  I didn't come across that one when I did my search.

That is kind of how I will probably solve this.  I have plenty of extra tanks, just need to find something the right size and stick a gun barrel in it.  At first I was thinking mini gun pod as I have a couple from the Airfix O-2 but then thinking this plane would be earlier than that timeframe so started the search.  Probably use a 7 shot rocket pod for the other side.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Jeffry Fontaine

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

philp

Thanks Jeff,
Already been to most of these but not the FN Herstal.  Looks like it is a little past my timeframe but useful for something in the future maybe.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies