Heller 1/72 T-28 Trojan "42nd birthday" aniversary scheme

Started by srkirad, June 24, 2009, 01:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkirad

Hello friends,

This is one of my earlier works, from pre-airbrush era!

Completely finished with brush, without matt finish, without some more experienced techniques, but still somehow I like its look :)

I did it in this special livery for my boss's 42th birthday - reason for this unusual present for boss is quite simple - his last name is Trojanovic, so my choice logically fell on airplane named Trojan - T-28!  :lol:

Tiger mouth are Heller decals, while birthday greeting - SRECAN 40+2 RODJENDAN - (meaning HAPPY 40+2 BIRTHDAY in serbian), and few other decals are home made on computer and printed on decal paper on Xerox DC12 at my work.... Also, whole plane has been given special "tiger" livery with tail painted in colours of Serbian flag...

Well, here it is....

Best regards,
Srdjan
There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
Administrator of Serbian modelling forum "Maketarski Kutak"
www.maketarskikutak.com

lenny100

fantastic,hope you get your promotion and a large rasie after all the work.
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

srkirad

well... a kind of promo :) ... they employed me for good :) I was just on temporary/test work at that time... but now I'm a full employee ;)

I forgot to mention that I "designed" "42nd birthday" letters on left wing in this special look as a 40+2, but "+" is on top of "2" and reminds on figure of king in chess - my boss is a chess player too, so I found this little detail in my mind :D
There's a grey place between black and white, but everyone does have the right to choose the path that he takes...
www.maketarskikutak.com

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

BlackOps

Trojan is one of my favorites! Youve done it up proud  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sequoiaranger

My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

srkirad

www.maketarskikutak.com

lancer

Got to be one of the prettiest tiger schemes I've ever seen - Real or otherwise. you must really like your boss is all I can say. Damm fine work matey.. :thumbsup:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Mossie

Missed this one somehow, what a beauty!  Lovely Tiger scheme! :wub:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

srkirad

glad you like it ;)

what I would really like to achieve, regarding to Tiger schemes is emulation of Tiger skin but not just on the top side (black strips on orange/yellow background) but also orange/yellow "strips" on white background - like real animals tigers do have on their belly.... maybe someday I make myself to try to emulate that effect...  :lol:
www.maketarskikutak.com

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.