WHIF found on Flugzeugforum.de

Started by ChernayaAkula, February 28, 2009, 10:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChernayaAkula

Found over on Flugzeugforum.de by "atlantic".

:thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Vulcan7

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on February 28, 2009, 10:34:08 AM
^ But they do! And you even get a free Eurofighter with those weapons sets. ;)

Found over on Flugzeugforum.de by "atlantic".

:thumbsup:

thats just brilliant!....great find ChernayaAkula  :thumbsup:  :tornado:... made from the Revell snap together kit?
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

ChernayaAkula

1/72 F-104 from the ESCI/Italeri kit built by "bearmatt" over on Flugzeugforum.de. Painted in the colours of the "Fuerza Aerea de el Managua" from the Buck Danny comics. Decals printed by ALPS.

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

ChernayaAkula

"Strangefighter" found at an exhibition at the Auto & Technikmuseum Sinsheim by user "MiG-21" over on Flugzeugforum.de.

Cheers,
Moritz

GTX

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on March 20, 2009, 12:12:57 PM
^ Yeah, or "stinkbug" if it's going in the other direction. :lol:

"Strangefighter" found at an exhibition at the Auto & Technikmuseum Sinsheim by user "MiG-21" over on Flugzeugforum.de.

Late one dark night a Bristol 188 and a Luftwaffe F104 got together - nine months later this was the result ;D.

regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

ChernayaAkula

User "stevoe" over on flugzeugforum.de found this Royal Navy Thunderbolt on a model expo in Siegen, Germany.

Cheers,
Moritz

Damian2

OMG that is sooo hot!! OMG OMG!!!
Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

Daryl J.

ChernayaAkula

More pics of the Sea Bolt HERE.

Here's the translated backstory:
P-47M of Operation: Barefaced Liar

When Radio Beijing announced in 1950 it wanted the People's Liberation Army to "liberate" Tibet from "the British, imperialist yoke", the British government began planning for a defence of the Himalayan region. Motivated and encouraged by the somewhat embarrassing shelling of the Black-Swan sloop HMS Amethyst caught on the Yangtze River in 1949, there was hardly any resistance in the House of Commons to a massive military response.

At that time, only carriers HMS Terrible and Hercules were operating in the Indian Ocean with reduced squadrons. To quickly have a sizeable attack force at its disposal, the Royal Navy got 54 retired American P-47M Thunderbolts in storage at Paya Lebar Air Base in Singapore. Under the sole condition that these "gifts" be refitted and repainted to Fleet Air Arm standards, to avoid political fall-out between China and the US and the passive United Nations. Conversion were done on the way to Bombay.

Because of the unstable conditions in India (Commonwealth membership, border quarrels with Pakistan/Kashmir) and the fast capitulation of Tibetan forces in October of 1950, no sorties were flown. All Thunderbolts were sunk in the Bay of Bengal at 14°51'55 North, 89°50'11''East on November 11, 1950.

***edited link to improve visibility***
Cheers,
Moritz

philp

Moritz,
Thanks for the translation.  Does it say which 72nd scale kit he started with?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

ChernayaAkula

^ He used the Revell 1/72 P-47M kit.
Cheers,
Moritz