Don Fogal's WHIF USMC F-35 JSF on HyperScale

Started by Jeffry Fontaine, January 02, 2009, 08:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffry Fontaine

Don Fogal posted several images of a Panda 1/48th scale F-35 JSF WHIF in USMC markings at Hyperscale in the JET AGE Discussion Forum. 

He added missile launch rails with AIM-9X Sidewinders to the wing tips and added the wing pylons from an F-18 Hornet so he could mount a variety of air to ground weapons under the wings. 

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Maverick

Neat build on the Battle Budgie, but isn't the loadout a bit optimistic?

Regards,

Mav

GTX

Nice work - apart from the wingtip missiles and the fact that it is a pre-production model, I'm not sure what part is whiff?

Quotebut isn't the loadout a bit optimistic?

The wingtip missiles might be, but the underwing stuff is quite feasible.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Mossie

Very nice!  Training colours are unusual for a bird of it's type & size, but I'm splitting hairs on a well finished build. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

Quote from: GTX on January 03, 2009, 10:26:52 AM
Nice work - apart from the wingtip missiles and the fact that it is a pre-production model,
I'm not sure what part is whiff?
Quote from: Maverick on January 02, 2009, 09:06:30 PMbut isn't the loadout a bit optimistic?

Kinda throws the much vaunted "stealth" capabilities right outta the window don't it. Unless they think that future enemies are going to believe the factoids coming out of lockheeds s&m department!!!!!!!!

***edited for language content***
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

GTX

Quote from: lancer on January 04, 2009, 02:09:21 PM
Nice work - apart from the wingtip missiles and the fact that it is a pre-production model, I'm not sure what part is whiff?

Regards,

Greg

Kinda throws the much vaunted "stealth" capabilities right outta the window don't it. Unless they think that future enemies are going to believe the factoids coming out of lockheeds s&m department!!!!!!!!

Not really - the F-35 has long been planned around the concept of full stealth (i.e. internal weapons carriage) in the beginning of a war (i.e. when an enemy's air defences are intact) and then switching to a lower level (i.e. also carrying external weapons) later on if the situation/environment permits.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Sisko

Quote from: lancer on January 04, 2009, 02:09:21 PM

Regards,

Greg

An S&M department :lol:

Conjurers images of leather and rubber, hobnail boots or stilletos, candle wax and a nice hot brazier..........

Missed a sale?! time for the rack and a sound thrashing. :wacko:

Think I need to spend some quiet time...........alone.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

kitnut617

Quote from: Sisko on January 05, 2009, 02:16:45 PM

Think I need to spend some quiet time...........alone.

---- Shudders -----   :wacko:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Gary

Saw a link that showed the differences between the production F-35 and the prototype that all the models are based on. Quite different indeed. I wish I could remember the site. Now that would be a challenging build to make an accurate production F-35 (in Canadian markings)
Getting back into modeling