Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

I see Alvis has been busy over on Arc again:

See Arc's front page for more.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Jeffry Fontaine

Again this year with some really well done submissions.  

I really do like what he has done with the Lindberg F-104 and Snark missile kits in creating this kit-bash WHIF of an F-104 modified into a surface to air guided missile called the Avro /Canadair Hakapik CIM-104B

(image source: Alvis Petrie/ARC)
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

anthonyp

God love Alvis.  He is missed around here.  But he still posts at Starship Modeler and ARC, so we can still appreciate his... unique take on the universe  ;D
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

Jeffry Fontaine

I thought someone here on WHIF was working on a submarine aircraft carrier a while back.  Or at the very least expressed interest in building something like that. 

Looks like Alvis has stepped up to the plate and actually built one from a pair of the old 1/350th scale DML/Dragon Typhoon kits called the Soviet Union Submersible Aircraft Carrier Number 344, Admiral Phrozenutzov

(image source: Alvis Petrie/ARC)
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

nev

Quote from: Jeffry Fontaine on January 09, 2010, 03:36:05 PM
I thought someone here on WHIF was working on a submarine aircraft carrier a while back.  Or at the very least expressed interest in building something like that. 

THat was Captain Canada.  A long delayed project...
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Cobra

Man............. Alvis is Too Cool :mellow: i just printed out his Submarine Carrier and Couldn't Stop Laughing @ the Name ;D !!!!!!!!!! Hope to see more from him Soon!!!!!! Stay Cool :ph34r: :thumbsup: :cheers:

kitbasher

Yes, fantastic model, the Admiral Phrozenutzov.  Mind you, there are some very entertaining items on display this year.  Does this prove there is global growth in whiffing (along with the evidence in the '2009 Year End tallies show that Whiffs are much more prevalent then ever' thread)  Maybe we should vote for 'Best In Show' and send the results (1st, 2nd and 3rd) to ARC?   ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Jeffry Fontaine

ysi_maniac

^^^^^^^
that scheme is really awesome!
Will die without understanding this world.

Jeffry Fontaine

Alvis' Me-109 kit bashing to create the DC-109, the "City of Jackal Island" is another one that shows his talents to good effect.

dragon

Quote from: kitbasher on January 10, 2010, 03:16:16 AM
Yes, fantastic model, the Admiral Phrozenutzov.  Mind you, there are some very entertaining items on display this year.  Does this prove there is global growth in whiffing (along with the evidence in the '2009 Year End tallies show that Whiffs are much more prevalent then ever' thread)  Maybe we should vote for 'Best In Show' and send the results (1st, 2nd and 3rd) to ARC?   ;D ;D
There will also be a larger contingent of "Whiffs" at the IPMS USA Nationals in Phoenix AZ, it seems that whiffing is becoming more and more mainstream every year.  Some in my local IPMS clubs are attempting some of their own.  They are still in the whiffing closet but coming closer to stepping out soon.  This is significant since a good number of the members of my local club are well known in the IPMS circles.  At least the seeds of whiffing have been planted in some appreciative brains.
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

philp

The SIG tables could be the place to see and be seen.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

nev

Man, what would Alvis do without the Jackal folks to poke fun at?  Not that they don't deserve fun-poking mind.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ysi_maniac

WOW this airlines is really amazing :o :o :o :wub: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Will die without understanding this world.