Airbus A-400 WHIFs

Started by GTX, December 20, 2008, 10:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Well one's a "soon to be" and one is a definite whiff (though with a slim chance of maybe):

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Maverick

Egads Greg,

I can hear cages rattling all over the US on that one!!  I'd politely suggest ducking for ooooh about 20 years!!! :lol: :rolleyes:

On a serious note tho, Green for the RAF machine?  I would have thought they'd go Battle Grey like everything else they're flying.

Regards,

Mav

nev

Quote from: Maverick on December 20, 2008, 10:39:41 PM
On a serious note tho, Green for the RAF machine?  I would have thought they'd go Battle Grey like everything else they're flying.

Our Spec-Ops Hercs are green.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

GTX

Re the USAF one - maybe if Northrop Grumman re-wins the KC-X contract and then offers to also produce the A400M (maybe as the C-400M? with Pratt & Whitney PW180 engines), there is a chance.

BTW - there is still a possibility (all-be-it very slim) that the A400M would replace the RAAF's C-130Hs.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

kitnut617

Just been reading last night in my latest Combat Aircraft mag' that the A400 will be delayed even more because of problems with the engines, which hasn't even flown on the Herc test bed yet.  Apparently the Herc has to get 50 flight hours in on the engine before they will allow the A400 to fly which it is ready to do.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Maverick

Quote from: nev on December 21, 2008, 05:09:00 AM
Our Spec-Ops Hercs are green.

Touche, but having said that, the art doesn't have any spec ops specific mods either which I thought would have been applicable so I assumed it was a stock transport.  Also judging by the tail art, she's a 23 Sqn bird and I don't believe 23 are flying a Special Forces Flight at present but don't quote me on that one.

Regards,

Mav

Mossie

John, I'm pretty sure that the green is being slowly introduced for all RAF Hercs (excpet those operating in Afghanistan).  There are pics of aome of the older C.1's & C.3's that have been painted green & lacking a special ops fit.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Maverick

Simon, once again, fair enough.  Everything RAF I've seen for years is a shade of grey excepting the odd Sand coloured bird.  If they're going for a Green scheme, it'll fly in the face of the great BOG conspiracy but that's only good news.

Regards,

Mav

kitnut617

Jennifer Wright (desmojen on ARC & Britmodeller) has told me that the Herc's are getting the green because of a durable coating which is being applied to the undersides of the aircraft which when dried is a green colour.

Scroll down to the 12th photo and you can see a pic of one, these were taken by James (we know him as jamatari or seaking).
http://thekitforum.16.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=280
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike