WHIF type things found on Starship Modeler

Started by Aircav, December 15, 2008, 10:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aircav

New Swedish Snowspeeder, found it on Starship modeler
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mike Wren

Quote from: Aircav on December 15, 2008, 10:33:14 AM
New Swedish Snowspeeder, found it on Starship modeler

surely a missed oportunity for splinter camo?  :huh:

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Jeffry Fontaine

Harry Turtledove's Land Ironclads built by Kieran Griffith and posted on Starship Modeler.  He has quite a collection of these things in several different versions.

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Jeffry Fontaine

"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Joe C-P

Oh man, that's so gorgeous it's almost p*rn*graphic!   :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow:
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

cthulhu77

Don't tell my wife...'cause I think I am in love !!!!

Jeffry Fontaine

Curtiss Cortez: The Little Airliner that Never Was built  by Randy Kloko and posted on Starship Modeler in the gallery section. 

(image source: Randy Kloko/Starship Modeler

More of Randy's work can be found in the SSM Reader Gallery

Brian da Basher

Very nice indeed Mr Fontaine. Reminds me of a monoplane version of the Curtiss Condor. This modeler has some serious talent!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Jeffry Fontaine

This time it is his Rogues Gallery which includes the following:     

Airfix 1/12 Napoleon, in jockey shorts;
Lindberg 1/144 B1 "BĂ­sWacs" with an AWACS dome;
US Airfix 1/144 DC-9 with engines and control surfaces reversed, and bearing the livery of Receding Airlines
Bandai 1/2000 aircraft carrier with a grass airfield.

Jeffry Fontaine

Starship Modeler's Just Glue It Contest results are now available for review.  Something for everyone.

philp

Here are some odd things to find at Starship Modeler.

Both made from aircraft models.  The first one is easy but can you figure out the 2nd one?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

tanktastic43

Looks to me like a Me109?

Great looking piece of work no matter what it is.  :wub:

tt43.

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies