It's A Colani

Started by Spey_Phantom, June 19, 2009, 02:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

WTF is this, i was looking for air superiority fighter info and found this  :huh:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Mossie

It's a Colani design.  Do a Google image search on Colani, you'll bring up all sorts of concept stuff, & a lot of vehicles.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on June 19, 2009, 03:42:39 AM
It's a Colani design. 

Indeed, only Colani could come up with something THAT weird!

Did any of his designs get built in the RW? He's certainly very prolific.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Several of his designs have made it to 1/1 scale.  Some have remained mockups, others have been cosmetic changes to trucks, motorbikes etc. that are workable, but not really a practical.  Some of his designs for furniture etc. have made it fruition, but the far out vehicle stuff isn't particularly practical.

Looking at his Wikipedia entry, he has had a hand a quite a lot of successful vehicle & aircraft design, although it's relatively sobre compared to that fighter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luigi_Colani
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

sequoiaranger

>WTF is this, i was looking for air superiority fighter info and found this<

Looks like the creator really "stuck his neck out" for this one!  ;D

Are those "spats" on this futuristic-looking plane?
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

dragon

Quote from: Nils on June 19, 2009, 02:29:17 AM
WTF is this, i was looking for air superiority fighter info and found this  :huh:

Wasn't it Captain Canada who despised all birds with necks? 
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

The Rat

Quote from: dragon on June 19, 2009, 11:22:46 PMWasn't it Captain Canada who despised all birds with necks? 

No, that was retroseventies. He had quite a thread going which showed a correlation between neck length and evilness. :wacko:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Rat on June 20, 2009, 06:12:30 AM
No, that was retroseventies. He had quite a thread going which showed a correlation between neck length and evilness. :wacko:

That must put an emu a LONG way up on the evliness stakes!  &lt;_&lt;
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

lancer

Quote from: Mossie on June 18, 2009, 04:00:15 PM
There's plenty of sites on the net for that kind of thing! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

and you'd know this because??......  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Jeffry Fontaine

It looks like a perverse kit bash using a B-70 and a T-38 plus some other parts I can not identify.  Maybe there was a lava-lamp involved just to get the parts to blend.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg