UK Rescue UAV,s

Started by lenny100, June 14, 2009, 04:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny100

here is one of my current projects.
this is the trio of UAV which will be used by the UK rescue services as a replacement for the loss of the nimrod in the SAR role in 2010.

the RNLI predator/RQ-1 Peregrine

finished and ready to display at coventry

the fast response RAF predator c avenger

about to start the old "PSR"

the ultra long range royal navy global Hawk

in "PSR" stage one
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

JayBee

YOWEE!!!!
I like!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
What Kit for the global hawk, and scale.

Thanks for making my Sunday better Lenny.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

lenny100

Quote from: JayBee on June 14, 2009, 04:48:54 AM
YOWEE!!!!
I like!! :wub: :wub: :wub:
What Kit for the global hawk, and scale.

Thanks for making my Sunday better Lenny.

JimB
it is one of the last unicraft 1/72 scale global hawks as the mold is just about finished its usfull live and there was a lot of flash on the moldings so i got it with the predator b for a reduced price

AeroplaneDriver

Very nice!  I think SARUAVs are entirely possible in the next decade.  Like your colour scheme too...but one question...who is Amy V.?   ;D

RN Global Hawks would be a nice supplement to the Incredible Shrinking Nimrod Fleet also.
So I got that going for me...which is nice....

lenny100

they were the only civ reg i had in my stash i belive they came from a dc-3 kit from years ago

philp

Like the ideas of rescue UAV's but think we need new names for them.  Not sure the vote of confidence a person in trouble is going to get knowing that a "Predator" is looking for them :blink:

Think Rescue birds need something more like "Guardian Angel" or "Savior" or something.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

lenny100

i am open to suggestions, but they must be appropriate  to the organisation who uses them and i will use the best as the display names

AeroplaneDriver

Quote from: philp on June 14, 2009, 11:59:05 AM
Like the ideas of rescue UAV's but think we need new names for them.  Not sure the vote of confidence a person in trouble is going to get knowing that a "Predator" is looking for them :blink:

Think Rescue birds need something more like "Guardian Angel" or "Savior" or something.

I think "Predator" would give people incentive not to do stupid things out on the water...   I'm betting Ian would agree! 

But if you INSIST on a less beligerent name...how about "Dolphin"?  It fits the shape and it evokes an image of a friendly animal that occasionally helps a human in distress if the stories are true...

So I got that going for me...which is nice....

Captain Canada

Neat idea....and she sure looks the part ! I have to admit to hating UAVs, tho...especially when I think about them replacing Nimrods !

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Quote from: AeroplaneDriver on June 14, 2009, 07:17:42 PM
Quote from: philp on June 14, 2009, 11:59:05 AM
Like the ideas of rescue UAV's but think we need new names for them.  Not sure the vote of confidence a person in trouble is going to get knowing that a "Predator" is looking for them :blink:

I think "Predator" would give people incentive not to do stupid things out on the water...   I'm betting Ian would agree!  

But if you INSIST on a less beligerent name...how about "Dolphin"?  It fits the shape and it evokes an image of a friendly animal that occasionally helps a human in distress if the stories are true...

Or Porpoise on similar lines?  The RNLI's lifeboat classes tend to be named after rivers, maybe aircraft could be named after the seas, sounds, channels etc. that they patrol?

Nice little project you've got going Lenny, love that RNLI Predator especially.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

philp

I do like the idea of naming the class after seas, etc.

Seeing these and the one done earlier this year has me contemplating a USCG version of the Preditor.
But I am still leaning more towards the "Angel" name or maybe "Lifeguard".

Anyone got any 1/144 USCG markings?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sequoiaranger

I think you are onto something with the UAV idea. I suppose if there is an infared heat sensor in it, it might be able to detect a slightly-warmer body in the water and take a photo or real-time TV pic to send back to HQ for analysis.

Maybe you should paint your "Dolphin" gray-and-white like a real dolphin, and put a fake "blowhole" in that dolphin-like snout!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Weaver

Nice models Lenny!  :thumbsup:

I'd say the obvious name for a SAR Predator is "Protector".
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Shasper

Dig the swept wing Pred!

Shas b)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

lenny100

Quote from: Shasper on June 15, 2009, 09:29:29 AM
Dig the swept wing Pred!

Shas b)

it based on the real thing