How about a Schwimm?

Started by matrixone, June 07, 2009, 09:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here is my 1/48 scale Tamiya Schwimmwagen, built O.O.B. including decals but the camouflage pattern is different than the one suggested by the kit instructions, I chose to paint my model like one of the Schwimmwagens I had seen on a television program about the Germans surrendering to the Western allies.

And here is a group pic of part of my new 2009 motor pool.

Matrixone

General Zod

Nice looking 1/48 vehicles Great job on the camo Was it airbrushed on?
Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

matrixone

Thanks General Zod!

I used my Iwata Eclipse HP-BS and HP-B Plus airbrushes to paint the Schwimmwagen and Steyr, the VW was painted with a Badger 100 G, paints used were Model Master enamels.

Later today I might have pics of my new model, the Academy 1/144 scale He 111. The flat coat was just airbrushed on it and am waiting for it to dry so I can glue on the canopy pieces to finish it. <_<

Matrixone

matrixone

Here is one last pic of the Schwimmwagen set next to a quarter to show the true size of this model.           

Matrixone

Brian da Basher

This is one of my favorite of all your astonishing paint schemes, Matrixone!
:wub:
Brian da Basher

P.S. That pattern would look great on a Ju 52 in the axis markings of your choice...

sotoolslinger

Typically stunning :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: I can't imagine that much detail that small :o :blink:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

matrixone

Thanks for the kind words Brian and sotoolslinger!

Brian,
Now that the He 111 is finished my next airplane model will be of a Ta 283, the camouflage pattern on it will be far more interesting than the one the Schwimmwagen has. <_<

sotoolslinger,
This Schwimmwagen is about the same size as the cockpit of a 1/48 scale multi-engined bomber...sure it took a while to paint this thing but at least it won't get enclosed like an airplane cockpit would so all the painting I did on it can still be seen. A few years ago I built a 1/48 scale Ta 154 and did a nice job painting all the cockpit instruments and carefully weathered the entire cockpit and was happy with the results but after the fuselage halves were glued together VERY little of the cockpit was visable so after that experience I don't spend so much time painting areas of my models that will not be seen much.

Matrixone