Extension?

Started by gooberliberation, January 02, 2008, 02:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gooberliberation

I second that. I think I'll be able to finish mine in time, but I want to see more entries!
================================
"How about this for a headline for tomorrows paper? French fries." ~~ James French, d. 1966 Executed in electric chair in Oklahoma.

McGreig

I'd go along with that. Got very little done over Christmas and from now until 31 January I'm swamped with work for the UK tax return deadline and will barely have time for sleeping, let alone modelling. Any chance of a finishing date around 15 February (or later)?

Hobbes

I'd have no problem with that. Feb 15th ok with everyone?  

McGreig

QuoteI'd have no problem with that. Feb 15th ok with everyone?
Thanks. I suggested the 15th to give me two clear weeks after the end of January, so I should at least get the Tu-57 finished.

kitbasher

15th Feb's OK with me - trifling matter of Christmas, New Year, work, reality, etc has slowed things down a tad. ;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Daryl J.

Point of observation:   After watching people build online now for a decade or so there seem to be about 3 different completion methods:

Those who build within 2 weeks
Those who build a bit at a time but steadily
Those who build within 4-6 months per project.

The third group seems to be the biggest.

It's just something I've noticed (or seemed to notice anyways) over time so an idea of a bit of an extension might be good for you involved here.

Cheers!
Daryl J., looking for his old icons........... ;D

ysi_maniac

So, is February 15th the new end date?
Will die without understanding this world.

Hobbes

anthonyp

Y'all really should PM me if you want an extension.  I was going to lock the entries thread on the 19th seeing as how no one communicated that an extension was wanted.

And extensions are two weeks at most, not a whole month.  New end date is February 2nd.
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

McGreig

Well, you did say that you'd been given the position to lord it over all GB-dom, but I thought that you were joking - - -   :dalek: This seems completely arbitary, especially as the extension was discussed in the group two weeks ago.

And I doubt that it'll speed people up - all this means is that several models, and definitely mine, won't make the deadline >:(

Also, what's the point of a Moderator if he can't agree a simple extension? I can see that you don't want GBs to go on for ever, but this build ran over the Christmas and New Year holiday period and, for me anyway, there are specific work-related problems in January. Looking at the Forum or snatching a few minutes to apply decals or a quick spray coat is one thing, but any significant modelling is impossible.

Gordon, looking for a counter-revolutionary icon

ysi_maniac

Quote from: McGreig on January 18, 2008, 02:38:37 AM
Also, what's the point of a Moderator if he can't agree a simple extension?

I really agree in this point.
Will die without understanding this world.

kitbasher

So exactly what is the deadline and can the rules thread for this particlar BGB be updated to reflect the date, please?
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Supertom

Yes, an extension would be nice.  Especially since I've FINALLY found the subject I was going to do...
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Hobbes

I've talked to Anthony about the extension. He'd rather not extend the deadline beyond Feb. 2nd, because we'd end up having a whole hill of GBs going on at once, with none of them getting the attention they deserve.

anthonyp

Yep, what Harro said.

There's always Revenge of the Son of the Phoenix build for those that didn't finish (ie, most of the models I've done the last six months).
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man