Macchi C.205 Veltro

Started by Radish, June 05, 2009, 12:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radish

Chaps,

Having briefly looked at a 21st Century 1/32nd Macchi C.205 Veltro, I've gone and ordered one.
The decals look nice, but hey, so what.....
Possibilities that spring to mind are......
Italian in a non-standard (ie invented) scheme
Yugoslavian post-war
Israeli
Japanese ki-205
A South American one
Irish Air Corps
An Egyptian one in a non-standard scheme (as they painted their real ones in RAF Desert colours).

:party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

B777LR

RAF
Luftwaffe BoB
USAF/USAAC
Hungary
Russia
Poland (everything looks nice in Polish markings)

Daryl J.

Agip sponsored race plane.  :wub: :wub: :wub:

Jeffry Fontaine

Once you get past the screws and the plugs to cover the screw holes the 21st Century kits are good kits and the price is usually a lot less than a comparative 32nd scale kit.  I have seen at least one displayed over on Hyperscale that was detailed out with after market accessories that would stand up to anything offered by Hasegawa or Tamiya.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Geoff

I did a 1/72nd one in Finnish post war markings and desert cammo, but I suspect that was a bit predictable of me.  :party:

Geoff

Greece
Turkey
Syria
Ethiopia
Sudan
Argentina

GTX

Some inspiration may be found here.   Another idea would be as a float plane - maybe even a seaplane racer?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Hotte

Quote from: Geoff on June 06, 2009, 12:05:01 PM
Greece
Turkey
Syria
Ethiopia
Sudan
Argentina

MC 205 in turkey (Axis) markings (world war I style, black and white)  ;D

Hotte

Radish

I'm tending towards the idea of an italian ANR machine with Tiger-stripe partial markings.

But it's such a lovely kit for £9.50 that I'm ordering another and possibly a Zero or Bf-109G too. :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

TsrJoe

check out your local 'Home Bargains' store (branches across the UK.) they have the 21st Century kits at £1.99 each !!!!!!!!

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Doc Yo

Perhaps a similar bargin awaits in the discount stores here in the states. I'll have to do some looking around.

NARSES2

If your thinking of going S American Rad, then how about Uraguyan ? They used Italian aircraft pre-war
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.