Mobile SAM and Radar system

Started by chrisonord, June 03, 2009, 06:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

I have put pictures up before of the actual missile launcher, but the pics were rubbish!!
Here it is again with its supporting radar vehicle. The donor kits are the Italeri quick build ISU-122 russian anti tank guns, and the hulls have been modified beyond recognition you could say. Anyway enough babble here are some hopefully better pictures.

Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Logan Hartke

I think this is my favorite of yours so far, chris.  Very very nice.  Maybe an IS-based MLRS, like a Smerch?

Cheers,

Logan

Sauragnmon

What a Dish, mate!

They look quite good, very well done, and your camera seems to be learning to behave, finally.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

chrisonord

Thanks for the comments, yes I think the camera is starting to learn how to do its job now.
I am thinking of getting some more of these kits as they would make good S.H.A.D.O. vehicles when converted, plus they are quite cheap also.
Cheers,
Chris.

Captain Canada

Defenders of the blue box !

Nice work. I like the radar one...very cool looking. It's one of those models I wish were a toy so I could push it around in my garden !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Weaver

Wow - those look great! Well done!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: chrisonord on June 03, 2009, 11:09:01 AM

I am thinking of getting some more of these kits as they would make good S.H.A.D.O. vehicles when converted, plus they are quite cheap also.

OH HELL YES!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Bungle

Hmmmmm. Any good for tracking Nimrods ?

:banghead:
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

chrisonord

Quote from: Bungle on June 04, 2009, 05:27:45 AM
Hmmmmm. Any good for tracking Nimrods ?

:banghead:
It's funny you should say that..... :rolleyes:
I think I will build another one but with a bigger radar and paint in royal mail colours :lol:
It will specially designed to track airfix Nimrods.
Chris.