"Legends over Madera" Airshow Photos.

Started by BlackOps, May 30, 2009, 10:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

Spent the day at the Madera Airshow and had a blast. While it wasn't the best airshow I've ever been too it was the first in about 15 years so it was much needed  :)

Anyhow, here are a few teaser pics.

More can be found here: http://doomisland.com/madera%20air%20show%202009%20photos.htm

Hope you like 'em :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Rat

Quote from: BlackOps on May 30, 2009, 10:50:49 PM

Thought it was an airshow? Damned if I can find an airplane in that pic, better study it some more.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

B777LR

Quote from: The Rat on May 31, 2009, 05:40:33 PM
Quote from: BlackOps on May 30, 2009, 10:50:49 PM

Thought it was an airshow? Damned if I can find an airplane in that pic, better study it some more.

The main difference between European and American airshows:
Europe = a bunch of aviation nerds (mainly men) scattered across an airfield, littered with stalls selling beer or model kits

America = Lots of men, and nice looking women (had to use a milder terminology, as this is a family forum ;D)

lancer

Now thats a pair of birds I'd love to fly in (very) close formation with.... :bow: :bow: :bow:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

B777LR

Quote from: lancer on June 02, 2009, 07:34:07 AM
Now thats a pair of birds I'd love to fly in (very) close formation with.... :bow: :bow: :bow:

I would rather share the aircraft with them, rather than fly alongside their aircraft ;D

Captain Canada

Nice work. The Sea Fury looks awesome ! Love the look of that Trojan as well. Something about white/red gets me going. Or maybe it was those two babes ?

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

BlackOps

The babes were better in real life too  ;D

The Fury was great to watch and the Trojan sounded too cool! Lots of cool stuff and it was the first time I've seen a MiG fly.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Captain Canada

At 'Thunder Over Michigan' later in July they have booked the F-4, Mig-15,17, and 21 ! Now that would be a formation ! Really looking forward to seeing a Phantom in the air ( and it'll be the first time my boy sees one ) and the Mig-21. Can't beat noisy, smoky old jets !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

BlackOps

I was lucky growing up I always lived near military bases, when I lived in Hawaii the Phantoms used to always fly over head. I would love to see one in the air again, and I would really love to see all those MiGs in the air.
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Captain Canada

And the Starfighters team is supposed to be at Selfridge. I've never seen one fly and would really like to add them to my 'list'. I'd also really like to see that pseudo-Army Cobra chopper team...I can just imagine the reacket they make !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 03, 2009, 07:37:19 PM
At 'Thunder Over Michigan' later in July they have booked the F-4, Mig-15,17, and 21 ! Now that would be a formation ! Really looking forward to seeing a Phantom in the air ( and it'll be the first time my boy sees one ) and the Mig-21. Can't beat noisy, smoky old jets !

Now that lot in a flypast would be AWSOME. Maybe they'll re-enact an engagement  from over North Vietnam!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die