Early Stealth Bomber Concept

Started by stevev22fe, May 29, 2009, 03:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevev22fe

I have always wanted to do this project.

After three attempts to pull this kit off, I have learned the secrects of building the Revell ATB kit.

Here is the concept:

Here is the progress so far......what have I learned from the past......attach the wings FIRST!

What do you think???

chrisonord

I like this,
Now tell me where I can get one please :wacko:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

stevev22fe

I found this one on eBay. Paid way too much for it, but I really had to have one.

chrisonord

Hya Steve
Is it an old kit?
I have not seen one before.
Cheers,
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

stevev22fe

These came out in 1987, about two years before the official B-2A unveiling.

frank2056

Quote from: stevev22fe on May 29, 2009, 05:55:21 PM
These came out in 1987, about two years before the official B-2A unveiling.

..and after the B-2 kit came out, the old Revell kits sat on the shelf at my local hobby shop for years. I should have bought one.

Jeffry Fontaine

Nice job so far Steve, looking forward to seeing you complete this. 

Are you going to arm it with the AGM-86 ALCM shapes or go with something different?
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

stevev22fe

I'm going to do it loaded up with ALCMs

Captain Canada

That is a cool looking a/c....and like most, I had no idea that kit existed ! Any pics of the box ? Glad to hear you finally figured out the wing !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Taiidantomcat

Nice paint scheme idea Steve and welcome aboard :thumbsup:

http://www.fantastic-plastic.com/REVELL%20B-2%20HIGH%20TECHNOLOGY%20BOMBER%20PAGE.htm

I Managed to find one of these on Ebay too, and their prices seem to fluctuate. they usually come up on a search of 'ATB' or 'B-2' and that should bring up a couple. They are HUGE -- i have had the box resting on the couch for about a week now in the middle of a stash reorganization.  I have been trying to decide on a scheme for a while and thinking I'm going to go with a Luft 47' Horton-like wing. Look forward to following this build  :cheers:

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

stevev22fe

All glued together and dry fitting some parts.

I dare not set it on the gear yet......

Jeffry Fontaine

There is still one nagging question about that model, will it return to you if thrown horizontally like a boomerang?
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

stevev22fe

Nope, the other three never came back!