Japanese Merlins - as requested at SIG meet

Started by nev, May 25, 2009, 02:15:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

Talking at the SIG meet at the weekend, a few of the guys were unaware that the Japanese navy has bought the Merlin, and wanted to see what they looked like

Spotters badge to Mossie to start, for knowing that the Tokyo Police have bought 1

First up for the JMSDF is the CH-101, this is to replace their Sea Kings in the "Antartic Exploration" role, for which they have bought 3.

They are also buying 12 MCH-101s to replace their MH-53Es in the minesweeping role

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Wow....thanks for sharing those, Nev ! Who knew ? Certainly not me ! It's nice to see the world's most beautiful helicopter in new liveries. I love how much the lighting changes the look betwix 51 and 52.

The Antarctic bird also looks a beauty, although it's hard to tell as the pics are both dark. Having said that, I'd love to see her with a little more orange.

Cheers !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

Thanks for those Steve - although I am not sure the last isn't a CG mockup.  Its in the old style schem and has the search radar
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

Quote from: nev on May 27, 2009, 09:50:46 AM
Thanks for those Steve - although I am not sure the last isn't a CG mockup.  Its in the old style schem and has the search radar

And take note of the Royal Navy frigate

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?