Wings and Wheels '09

Started by The Rat, May 24, 2009, 06:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

Rather busy this weekend but had to stop in at the Canadian Air and Space Museum for this year's fest, grabbed a few quick snaps:

2 seat MiG 15

Canucks Unlimited Dakota from the Canadian Warplane Heritage

Dad, born in a toolbox, goes straight to the engine

Proudly flying the flags

A beautiful 1942 Meyers OTW 160

The legendary Thruxton Jackaroo

1940 Fleet Finch 16B

Corsair

Mustang

A very shiny Republic Seabee which a company has re-engined with a V8

The details

And the business end

The Lancaster restoration is progressing

One Merlin ready to go!

Front turret

Inside the turret

Lancaster pilot Philip Gray with copies of his book, a good read and available from the museum

Well known modeler and all around nice guy Derek Pennington (left) with fellow modeler Bernie Hengst

Posters everywhere!

Uh-oh, cops, act straight
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Beauty shots, Ratty ! That's one show I've always wanted to attend, but with the kiddies being so darn busy, it's not likely to happen for a few years to come.......

Love the Dak shots, what a beauty ! To funny caption about your Dad as well !

My a machine that SeaBee is. Oh to be a rich man.....

The Lanc is looking good. As much as I hated to see it come down ( it was always my favourite part of going to the CNE...something magical about seeing that Lanc out the car window ) I know it's in a much better place. What's up with the turret ? I thought they were going to put her in post war SAR colours ?

I can't beblieve you took a camera into the loo....pervert !

" act like you know me "- Bubbles to the cows trying to avoid arrest

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

The Rat

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 24, 2009, 08:48:22 AMWhat's up with the turret ? I thought they were going to put her in post war SAR colours ?

To be honest I'm not sure of the plans, but I will make an effort to find out. The actual history as far as I know is that it was completed as a bomber but the war ended before it was sent overseas, so it was remade as a MkX SAR. I'll do some digging, shouldn't be that hard. One of the guys on ARC is on the team working on it and I communicate with him frequently.

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 24, 2009, 08:48:22 AMI can't beblieve you took a camera into the loo....pervert !

How do you think I live up to my member description?  ;D You should see the washrooms at Point Pelee, everybody walking into the can with a dozen cameras and vidcams festooned around their necks and nobody bats an eyelid.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

B777LR

The Rat

Quote from: B787 on May 25, 2009, 03:57:16 AMWill the Lancaster fly?

Not a hope, the corrosion issues are monumental. But I think the plan is to get at least a couple of the engines running so that they can start it up for shows.

Captain Canada

Pigeon poo is bad stuff, eh !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?