Mirage 4000S Finished

Started by Aussie747, May 24, 2009, 03:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussie747

This is the Anigrand M4000 kit with an Italeri Mirage 2000D front end. I finally managed to finish it, thanks to Nev for supplying the 'Super Mirage 'decals I botched when I had the problem with superglue in the cockpit. I still need to get a handle on weathering, thought the camera flash brings out the floors more.

Weapons from the Academy F-16 kit and Heller weapons set.

Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

Draken35

Hobbes

Dunno, the weathering looks fine to me. As does the rest of the kit, well done!

Eddie M.

Great looking jet! :mellow: To me, the red is what sets it off.  :ph34r:
Look behind you!

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

chrisonord

That is a very nice model, I really like that :thumbsup:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

noxioux

Excellent.  It's truly a shame the 4000 didn't see production.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Mmmmmmm, M, M, M, Mirage  :wub:

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Captain Canada

JDAM that looks nice ! Love everything about it....the bulky, powerful look of the beast. The twin cockpit....and the way you've modelled it with the 'pits open. The colours....the camo and the red spine really set 'er off, and the black radome with the flash on the tail gives her that retro look. I'm also digging the weapons load....just about perfect, eh ? And you can never go wrong with those super-sexy French fuel tanks !

Beauty.....

:thumbsup: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Green Dragon

Very nice conversion Ray! Turned out great. :wub:

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Aussie747

Thanks Gents,

I am happy to have it finished, I spied another Anigrand M4000 in the LHS and may be tempted to do another. Though I have way too many other crazy ideas for Whifs so it will have to wait.
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

nev

Congrats for having the mad skillz (and testicular fortitude) to do what I could not and would not.  She looks great.  Wish I hadn't ballsed up mine quite so badly.... :(
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Shasper

Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Weaver

That's a beaut - I've always liked the idea of a two-seat Mirage 4000.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones