Skunkmodels Workshop

Started by Green Dragon, May 23, 2009, 06:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Dragon

Skunkmodels Workshop has just released kit # 48001, Israeli Weapons Set in 1/48th scale and it's in stock at Lucky Model. 

Cybermodeler has sprue shots.  The set comprises four each of the following: Python 4, GBU15, popeye and Spice.

Think they are injected styrene judging by the price being under £10, reckon resin would be a lot more.

(image source: Cybermodeler)

Paul Harrison

***added product image and incorporated the links as html***
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Scooterman

Just say these on Luckymodel.  Need to get this set just for the Python 4s......

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: Green Dragon on May 23, 2009, 06:18:30 PMThink they are injected styrene judging by the price being under £10, reckon resin would be a lot more.
Yep, injected plastic and reasonably priced.  Wonder how long that will last before the distributors figure out they have a cash-cow? 

While there are only four types of weapons in the kit they are just different enough from what is included in most other aircraft model and weapons sets to make it interesting if you are looking for specific Israeli weapons for your project.  I am disappointed that the Gabriel anti-ship missile has been ignored since it is a real home-grown weapon that has had little to no coverage in any scale so far.

Another kit review available of the Skunkmodels Workshop kit # 48001, 1/48th scale Israeli Weapons Set over on HyperScale with some close up shots of the kit parts if you want to check it out. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Gary F

Just got this first set of weps from Lucky Model and they are really nice.
  Also, Raymond at Lucky Model (and Skunk Models is his) mentioned on ARC that there is a 2nd set of Israeli weps in production and should be out either late July or Aug.  It will have the 600 gallon drop tanks (ala the F-2 style tanks) and Python 3 missiles, and something else that I can't recall at the moment.
  This was my first order from Lucky and it went very smoothly.  9 Days from order place til on my porch  :thumbsup:  Also, many of their products don't incur a shipping charge ... Aires, Wolfpack-D resins, and the Skunkmodels lines, for starters.

ps  I'm not connected with Lucky Models but was pretty happy with my dealing with them.

regards,
Gary F

Green Dragon

Cybermodeler has an in-box review of Skunkmpodels new 1/48th MD-3 Navy Deck Tractor.

Hadn't heard a thing about this coming out, should come in handy for anyone doing a diorama with any US Navy kits.

Paul Harrison

***added product image and fixed the html***--jjf
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.

Green Dragon

Cybermodeler has another Skunkmodels release today, 1/48th Modern US/NATO Missile Cart.

Kit contains two carts and three figures, you'll need weapons from elsewhere.

Paul Harrison

***added product image and cleaned up the html***--jjf

On the bench.

ChernayaAkula

Great news for the 1/72 crowd! Raymond announced a 1/72 IDF Weapons Set on ARC! It's available for pre-order >>HERE<< on LuckyModel.

Contents:
4x AN/AXQ-14 (GBU-15 data link pod)
4x Delilah
4x Python-4
4x Popeye
4x Spice
4x AAQ-28 Litening targeting pod

Great stuff!  :thumbsup: And at a fantastic price as well!

The 1/48 sets contain the GBU-15 and Python-3 as well, so maybe (pure conjecture on my part, though) we'll see a second 1/72 set.

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

kitnut617

I think I'd like to do one of my F-16XL's with all the Israeli equipment piled on it --- this set would work very well with that.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

ChernayaAkula

And the goodness continues...

US/NATO MODERN WEAPONS SET in 1/48

Contains
4 x AGM-154 (JSOW)
4 x AGM-84D (HARPOON)
4 x AGM-84E (SLAM)
4 x AGM-84H (SLAM-ER)
16 x GBU-39 (SDB) with PYLON
4 x IRIS-T

:bow:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

elmayerle

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 24, 2009, 01:26:38 PM
And the goodness continues...

Contains
4 x AGM-154 (JSOW)
4 x AGM-84D (HARPOON)
4 x AGM-84E (SLAM)
4 x AGM-84H (SLAM-ER)
16 x GBU-39 (SDB) with PYLON
4 x IRIS-T

*Crossee fingers that they'll do this in 1/72 also*
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

chrisonord

Yep I too will have a few sets of those too, just ordered the IDF weapons kit in 72nd, looks very usable :wacko:
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

ChernayaAkula

The 1/72 IAF Weapons Set is now "In Stock" at LuckyModel!  :party: CLICKY!

Quote from: elmayerle on December 24, 2009, 06:56:02 PM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 24, 2009, 01:26:38 PM

*Crossee fingers that they'll do this in 1/72 also*

Raymond said on ARC that further 1/72 weapons sets will be considered if the first set will be successful. So order lots! :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

PR19_Kit

Jeepers, that stuff does look good.   :wub:

And at that price it's a steal too! Gotta get some of them, bags of Whiff potential there. Lets hope they down-size the rest of their stuff to 1/72 as well.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ChernayaAkula

For those interested, I posted an in-box review of the 1/72 Israeli weapons set >>HERE<< on ARC. Excellent value for money, IMHO.

Cheers,
Moritz