The latest in Flemish Cooperation.

Started by Glenn, February 09, 2004, 06:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

Seen here, the latest in Flemish technology for the 21st Century. To prove there was still a connection between Belgium and France, both countries have got together to produce these two latest fighters for their airforces, that will see them well into the middle of the 21st century.
There is a Naval fighter coming out with a 'golden sickle arester hook' later on the year.

nev

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

How about building an Obelix from one of those Hasegawa egg planes?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Glenn

Nev,
  When I designed these two 'planes', the egg plane came to mind. Actually, that would make it too easy, although I did build a model of 'Swine Trek' from 'Pigs in Space' from two soft drink bottles, years ago.

Tophe

Asterix was drinking "magic syrup" to get extraordinary force, while Obelix had such feature as natural - how would you represent that for airplanes ? Just smokes in the jet gas is not very amazing...  :)  I know it is not easy on a picture, but tell us the story, tell us the film that you would make, Lyn :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Glenn

Tophe,
  I'm sorry, don't get me wrong, but I don't get what you are driving at? I think there needs some translation between Aussie English and French English, like 'a slab of Stubbies'
For that matter, I've never tasted French Beer, do they make beer?
                                                                                           Lyn

Tophe

Dear Lyn,
I do not mean French English is better than Aussie English, no... I just try to do my best speaking a foreign language while English is your mother language - when we do not understand each other, you are right and I am wrong, I am very sure, I mean it. A slab seems to be a kind of cake but I have not understood Stubbies, sorry...
I don't like beer, but I have heard the best ones here and everywhere are German and Irish, not French nor Belgium. I just don't know.
Well, what I wanted to say is that the main feature of Asterix and Obelix cartoon characters is there having over-human strength (below : holding the weight of a big man with just one finger). So how would you imagine aircraft with over-technical strength ? Just more speed or payload :( , or what ? What if what ? Your imagination is so high :wub: , Lyn, make us dream...

John Howling Mouse

Ooooo...when Tophe mentioned "smoke in the jet gas" and their extraordinary powers, I was thinking of the gastro-intestinal kind of "powers" I get after eatin' onions...

Yikes, this Babel-Fish language translation software is gonna get me in trouble yet!

^_^  :o
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Glenn

Tophe,
   English is not our main language! We speak'Stralian. That's the trouble, foreigners come to OZ, and think they will be understood, and suddenly an Aussie says something to them, and they haven't got a clue. 'A slab of Stubbies' is a carton of 24 x 375ml bottles of beer. One buys at a pub/hotel/grog outlet. If you're going to a party, (or just at home to watch the cricket/football, or to have a bit of a 'piss-up')
As to the two aircraft, well The ASTERiX, would probably fly like a Gnat, and The OBELiX, would be lucky to get off the ground, look at it! If it did, the enemy would 'poo-poo themselves', at the bulk of it, I don't know about you, but I would!

Tophe, never take me seriously, I'm Australian!

Tophe

Dear Lyn,
Thanks for your nice answer. I have seen the film Crocodile Dundee with an Aussie in New York that American people found so peculiar, but I did not appreciate every difference to understand plainly each detail.
I just remember that Australian gesture for Hello is the hand moving close to the forehead, the explanation being not complicated, they said, it was to remove the flies at the same time... Funny, different. I do not know what is serious, what is exagerated, or imaginated. Differences are just pleasant, and we can smile. We what-ifers, in the Whole-World, just require the right to be different. I know the JMNs answer No! Forbidden! but among us, the answer is just Welcome, and it is wonderful... :)
Thanks again.

Dear Barry,
I feel sorry for the way we are going : from atomic aircraft to chemicals to H2S to fart-danger and now fart-super-power...  :)  :(  :)  We are just a little crazy :wacko:  :blink: , and that is fun. Thanks...

John Howling Mouse

QuoteI feel sorry for the way we are going : from atomic aircraft to chemicals to H2S to fart-danger and now fart-super-power...
Wow, you just summarized my first marriage, Tophe!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.