Egg Shuttle

Started by philp, May 18, 2009, 11:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Thanks to Panzerwulff, I have something to work on for this.

Originally was thinking one of the Shuttles from Moonraker but not sure which scale decals would fit it right.  My daughter suggested pink like her Spitfire.  Could get some Hello Kitty stickers and go that route.

But I am thinking a more traditional build (if you can say that about an egg kit).  Maybe the Enterprise Too or ever Eggerprise.  Read a method for doing the tiles that I have wanted to try so we shall see if it works eggsactly as advertised.

Here it is after about a half hour of work.

Tonight I sanded the putty around the cockpit and plugged the landing gear holes.

Any other ideas for markings?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Cobra

How about Marking it like it was Used by SHADO in UFO? with a Gold & Black Scheme and Maybe SHADO on the Side???? just an Idea. :cheers:

philp

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Cobra

Not off Hand but...........Starship Modeler has a Special Section on UFO!!!!! you may want to check it out!!

Mossie

Phil, in looking at markings for the F-16 that Chris sent me, 1/72 decals seem to be closest to those on the kit sheets.  I'm not sure how that'll work out with the Shuttle as it's rather a large beast.  Maybe somebody that has the decals can measure them up for you, or at least compare standard shuttle decals?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

philp

Thanks Mossie.  I have a 72nd Shuttle and there is pretty much nothing I could use from that and have it fit.

JBOT does markings for the Moonraker shuttles including 1/144 and 1/288 but I don't want to order a set and have it not work, especially with the time left for this.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies