What did you do over the weekend?

Started by Supertom, May 18, 2009, 06:39:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supertom

So with the site down for the entire weekend, what did everyone do?

(and if you said you sat around waiting for What-If to come back online you need help  ;D )
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

Supertom

Myself, the girlfriend ordered me into the car where we promptly drove off to Dayton, OH to visit the USAF Museum, and she got us tickets to watch Red Flag on IMAX, got me Soviet Secret Projects by Tony Butler and Yefim Gordon, then visited a local hobby store where I got a great deal on an Academy F-16.  All in all a great weekend.
"We can resolve this over tea and fisticuffs!!!"

JayBee

I did the garden!!!!

However, in the true spirit of WHIFFING it went like this:-

"What If I just pull that stupid thing out, What If I just bung them in there, What If I just spray lots, and lots of weedkiller.

I am not a keen gardener!!!!
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Martin H

Hmm I spent most of the weekend in the loft working on a few models.....no im not saying what they are yet.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Mossie

Yep, same here, took the time to get on with one model in particular, otherwise, just housework.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Sauragnmon

Much like Martin and Mossie, I too bashed plastic and styrene, occasionally checking my three normal forums - Modelwarships.com, Shipbucket, and Whatif - I was waiting to throw my vote on Sovietize It.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

philp

Did some cleaning up as my parents are due in around the end of the month for my 2nd sons high school graduation.

Couple of kits stared at me all weekend but I managed to avoid them so no harm was done.

I did spend a lot of time checking out the pics from Wonderfest.  One of these years I am going to make that show.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Supertom on May 18, 2009, 06:42:38 AM
Myself, the girlfriend ordered me into the car where we promptly drove off to Dayton, OH to visit the USAF Museum, and she got us tickets to watch Red Flag on IMAX, got me Soviet Secret Projects by Tony Butler and Yefim Gordon, then visited a local hobby store where I got a great deal on an Academy F-16.  All in all a great weekend.

Definitely sounds like she's a real catch, Tom!

I went with the Missus and Spawn on a little goofy trip to see some of those corny over-sized attractions in nearby towns (world's largest Pysanka, world's largest sausage, that kind of thing), did some tractoring, saw the new Trek, sat outside with our 7 cats, painted some models, fought with my wife's latest computer virus (what sites does this woman visit?!?), did lots of reading, some writing, spent too much time on the 'net, and am now awaiting a new snowfall later this morning (no joke, anytime now, they say).

Mostly, though, I kept checking to see when What If would come back online (I do need help).

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

frank2056

<click> is it back yet? NO!
- eARthQuAkE -

chrisonord

Well the rain dictated most of my weekend, went out to go an see my Mum via Hobbycraft on the bike, just bought some brushes even though the sodding drakens kept taunting me. On my way out the heavens opened just on my by the looks of it and soaked through my "waterproof" pants and left me with a soggy crotch....mmm, nice! So cancelled the 35 mile trip to see me Mum.
tried to go fishing last night, but the weather again saw to that.
But, on a positive note I built and painted an A-4M scooter for the Hondurans, done it in olive green olive drab and khaki, camo with sky grey underneath, cut the rocket pods off the inboard pylons as they are rubbish, and replaced them with Napalm tanks, and put some better rocket pods on the outer pylons. I am going to do an OA-4m in the same colour and markings with a slight variation in load out.
Oh, and I finished an assault version of the Eurocopter Dauphin. Twin TOW launcher, rocket pod and a cannon, done in lizardish 2 greens and grey, yet again for the Honduras AF.or it might belong to the army.   
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

cthulhu77

worked on the panther II and cooked a lot, since the mrs. was at work.

van883

I went to the Duxford show where I met up with my father (who travelled there on his own by public transport from south London at the age of 85!)-we spent all day there then I drove him home and spent the night at my parents.
I bought a Xtrakit Scimitar from a very disinterested person at Hannants-he didn't give a toss about receiving polite and considered  feedback about the Xtrakit Sea Vixen and Canberra kits. he said he wasn't interested in aircraft models-only tanks!

Van

Captain Canada

Beer, beer, ya gotta have beer !
Get to get you movin' and beer to get you groovin' !

And we had BBQ ribs, beer can chicken and kebabs

Went bowling

Worked

More beer

Watched bike racing

Watched hockey

beer again

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

chrisonord

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 18, 2009, 10:38:33 AM
Get to get you movin' and beer to get you groovin' !

And we had BBQ ribs, beer can chicken and kebabs

Went bowling

Worked

More beer

Watched bike racing

Watched hockey

beer again

So you had a quiet drink over the weekend then :rolleyes:
Wish I did......
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

McGreig

Worked frantically on ten P35/P14 payroll tax returns for submission to HM Revenue & Customs before deadline on Tuesday 19.
Why does the UK have such weird tax deadlines? I mean, May 19???!!!. :unsure: And why do all my clients leave their ***###+++!!! returns and paperwork to the last minute??!!  >:(

Took my son to his Under-11 Sunday League football. (They lost - his team are about to achieve the unique double of winning the U-11 London FA Youth Cup and finishing last in the League in the same season! :blink:)

Loaded another eight models on to my eBay sales list (Only 2,000 more to go :drink:).

Worked some more on my MiG T-6/3 canard-equiped MiG-21 - it's now ready for decals and the final coat of varnish.