Anigrand XF-108 Rapier !!!!!!

Started by Deino, February 09, 2004, 12:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deino

My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now; put out every one:
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the woods:
For nothing now can ever come to any good.
-
W.H.Auden (1945

elmayerle

*CHUCKLE* For those who *really* wish to detail this one, Lockheed reused the F-108 cockpit panels exactly on the YF-12A and you can "clone" from the Testor's 1/72 kit.  Similarly, I would imagine that the ejection capsules were very similar to those on the XB-70.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

John Howling Mouse

That IS nicely done but I wish I could afford the 1:48 Collectaire one...sigh... :(

Then again, at the rate Trumpeter's going, you never know...

http://www.collectaire.com/modelpages/f108/f108.html
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

retro_seventies

the f-108 is one of those plane's that i discovered as a child and have had a love affir with ever since...

she's really something, eh?

an EF-108 with 3 crew and all kinds of electronic whizzbangs, not to mention harms/shrikes/alarms...

mmmmmmm....

now all i need is an affordable xf-108 kit in 1/72 that i can bear to hack up...
"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean, if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." Kristin Wilson, Nintendo Inc, 1989.

Ollie

I'm sure you could Barry.  Just stop buying kits for 3-4 months and you'll have enough money for that big one!!

;)

I want to buy a HGU-55 helmet to fly around in C-FWOL.  And a pair of pilot boots.  So I'm, scraping every penny, not buying anything I don't need and I'll manage it by mid-June at the latest!

B)  

Captain Canada

Yeah, that is a sweet looking bird, retro.....the 3 seater is a good idea, and while we're at it, let's strap on a set of canards !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

elmayerle

QuoteYeah, that is a sweet looking bird, retro.....the 3 seater is a good idea, and while we're at it, let's strap on a set of canards !
Actually, if you look at the evolution of that design, the canards came off as un-necessary.  

I bought the Collectaire kit back when I was working overtime and had lots of spare cash, I'll probably still add some details the same way I described above, cloning the cockpit panels from the Testor's 1/48 kit.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

Hey Deino, what scheme are you doing in her in?  Can't wait to see what you do with her  :wub:  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May