You ever make a scale OOPS?

Started by PanzerWulff, May 11, 2009, 12:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

I ordered a Revell Germany Sea Venom I thought it said 1/72 when I ordered it.It just arrived and DOH!!! :banghead: it's a 1/32 scale kit LOL.So now the decals I had planned for the build are waaaaay out of scale so now to start Schemeing Anew  ;D ;D ;D
So have any of you made Similar Goofs???
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Hell yes!  :o

Being a Spitfire nut I read any and all adverts concerning Spitfire conversions, and I've bought most of them in my preferred 1/72 scale. When Brigade Models bought out their Tr IX conversion I eagerly sent off for it, not noticing that it was 1/48th!  :banghead:

Actually I still have it somewhere, anyone interested? Never raced or rallied, only one owner etc. etc.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Ooooooh yes..... :rolleyes:

Wanted an Eastern Express 1/72nd An-72 and I knew they were thin on the ground, so when I saw one on ebay for £10, but in America, so the postage was steep, I decided to have it anyway. After weeks of waiting, and passing over several others that appeared in the meantime, it arrived............... and it was the 1/288th version.  :huh:

Went back and checked the ebay auction thinking I'd been had, and nope: there it was, clear as day "scale = 1/288th"  :banghead:

By the time I'd been through this performance, Hannants had found some more stock, so I reluctantly paid full whack for one. Mind you, it took the Post Office two attempts to get it to me.......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

NARSES2

Yup - Special Hobby Macchi Mc 200 - thought it was 1/72, turned out to be 1/48 !
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

sideshowbob9

Quote from: Weaver on May 11, 2009, 03:01:41 PM
Wanted an Eastern Express 1/72nd An-72 ............... and it was the 1/288th version.  :huh:

That happened to me as well  :banghead:

Mossie

Yep, me too!  Was after a 1/72 OH-6/Hughes 500.  Spotted the Academy kit in my LMS, only realised it was 1/48 when I got it home.  What threw me was it was a very similar size box to the Italeri 1/72 OH-6, which I picked up later!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

Picked up a Hasegawa J7W1 Shinden at a show last summer thining it was the 1/72nd version, got home and discovered it to be 1/48th.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Geoff

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 12, 2009, 02:16:37 AM
Yup - Special Hobby Macchi Mc 200 - thought it was 1/72, turned out to be 1/48 !

I'll give it a good home in exchange for some beer tokens if you still have it?

I was convinced I had got a 1/48th scale F-100F once  - nope 1/72nd scale kit in a big box. (Just call me Steve) -sorry!

John Howling Mouse

Yeah, back when evil bay was young and kit re-releases seemed few and far between, I spotted an old Testors Convair C-131 and jumped on it, believing it to be 1:72.
The Seller never mentioned the actual scale and his image of the boxtop wasn't clear enough to read the small print (not that the scale was shown, anyhow).
I remember my surprise upon opening the mailed parcel.  I just laughed and thought, "Serves me right for ASSuming"

Wasn't as funny when I bought an extremely rare kit one time on Ebay (no details, please!) only to learn that I had indeed paid $30 USD for a mint BOX only!  The seller had definitely noted that's what the auction was for but Mr. Stupid over here got excited and missed that part.  To pay for my sins, that box now sits under my bench with enormous feltpen-marked word "PARTS" on every side, to remind me how dumb I can be.   :banghead:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

chrisonord

yes, done that but it wasn't my fault. I saw an airfix mig-21 on ebay and the ad said it was 1/72nd scale, and the writting on the box picture was way too small to read. So I put a bid on it...and won it for much cheapness, only to un wrap it when it arrived to see it was 1/144th :banghead:
So I looked at the ad for it and double checked it said 1/72nd scale and it did, the vendor said she had put 1/44th on the ad, but in reality didn't.
So I had to go through the rigmarole of posting it back and getting a refund, oh and Paypal taking a cut off me in the process :banghead:
Thinking back I should have kept it and made a missile out of it, to stick on one of my 1/72nd scale Russian Bombers :huh:
Chris. 
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Ed S

I don't recall every getting a kit that wasn't the scale I thought.  But I have picked up a couple decal sheets over the years, got home and found out that they weren't the scale I thought they were.  Fortunately, they may still be useful for WHIFFing.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: chrisonord on May 18, 2009, 10:51:48 AM
I saw an airfix mig-21 on ebay....................... So I put a bid on it...and won it for much cheapness, only to un wrap it when it arrived to see it was 1/144th :banghead:

But do Airfix make a MiG-21 in 1/144 scale?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Well stap me! I thought Airfix 1/144 output was all airliners. I wonder what got them into that market.

Regards
Kit