Air Police???

Started by GTX, May 09, 2009, 02:21:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTX

Hi folks,

The following: 

QuoteAir Contingent of the Czech Republic Took Over the NATO Baltic Air-Policing Mission

(Source: Lithuanian Ministry of Defence; issued April 30, 2009)

Czech air force Gripen fighters on the apron at Siauliai air base in Lithuania. (Czech air force photo)
Air components deployed on the Baltic Air-policing mission in the Lithuanian Air Force Aviation Base (Siauliai) rotated on May 1. Troops of the Royal Danish Air Force who provided security for the Baltic airspace transferred the mission to the Czech Air Contingent.

This is the first time troops of the Czech Air Force will be conducting NATO Baltic Air-policing mission.

Rotation ceremony at the LAF Aviation Base was attended by the Commander Czech Air Force, heads of missions of embassies of the Czech Republic in Lithuania and Latvia, Defence Attachés of Denmark and the Czech Republic, representatives of the Lithuanian Air Force, Aviation Base, Siauliai Municipality, and other guests.

Czech Air Contingent comprises 75 members coming from different units of the Czech Armed Forces. Majority of them originally serve in 21 Tactical Air Base in Èáslav. Air Contingent will be led by Commander Maj. Miroslav Míka. He is in charge of 211 Tactical Air Squadron of 21 Tactical Air Base of the Air Force of the Czech Republic. Czech Air Contingent will also include up to eight troops and civilian personnel of the Armed Forces of Kingdom of Sweden. They will provide assistance in maintaining JAS-39 Gripen aircrafts the Czech Air Force has acquired from Sweden.

Czech troops will guard Baltic skies with four fighter-jets JAS-39 Gripen, the first ones of the fourth generation. Air Force of the Czech Republic began employing JAS-39 aircrafts in 2005. NATO QRA Baltic Air-policing mission is the first time since WWII [that Czech] aircraft have been sent on a tactical operation abroad.

Since 2004 Baltic Air-policing mission had been conducted on a three-month rotational basis by Belgian, Danish, British, Norwegian, Dutch, German, American, and Polish air contingents, in spring 2006 the duty period was extended to four months and fulfilled by Turkey, Spain, Belgium, and France. Romanian air component was deployed on the mission for three months, Portuguese – a month and a half, Norwegian, Polish, German, and American – for three months, and the departing Danish soldiers conducted a four-month period of duty.

-ends-

Made  me wonder what combat aircraft would look like in Police Force colour schemes.

What do you think?

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

The Rat

Alvis 3.1 did one a few years ago, check it out here.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

jorel62

I made this one not to long ago.... Hope it works for you.

Spey_Phantom

here's a pic i took at an opendoor of the Belgian air control center.
the Belgian federal Police MD-900

of course, maybe a good idea (with drug traffic near the Belgian-Dutch border becoming a problem)
a couple of secondhand F-5A's could scare off some smuglers  :lol:

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Mossie

In the UK, most Police helicopters carry the same livery as the Sussex Police bird that Mick posted, but there are some exceptions, that Greater Manchester Police scheme being one.  Here's a few others:
West Yorkshire Police MD-902
Strthclyde Police B-105
Norfolk Police BO-105
Metropolitan Police Bell 222  Airwolf in an old livery similar to the Metropolitan Police (London) cars.

A few fixed wing:
Greater Manchester Police Islander old scheme
Greater Manchester Police Islander new scheme (boring!)
Northern Ireland Police Edgley Optica
Cheshire Police Islander
North East Air Support Unit Islander

A few others from outside the UK that I thought were funky:
Cyprus Police Bell 412
German Police BK-111
Royal Thai Police Short 330
Italian Police Partenavia P-68 Observer
Iran Police Mi-17
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Spey_Phantom

its always great to see military helicopters in service with the law  :mellow:

like the LA County sheriff SH-3 Seaking

from 1969, up until 2000, the Belgian Gendarmerie (now unified with the police) operated 3 SA330 Puma's

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

jcf

The Czech Air Police aka National Air Guard flew Avia buitl 109s and Fi 156 Storch.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~tozu/me109/foreign/109-czech.htm

Silver-grey and red with civil registrations.

The Storch had a similar scheme.
Jon

Geoff

One of my fav schemes. :thumbsup:

B777LR

Danish police helicopter:

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/as550_fennec/as550_fennec1.html

In fact, the Danish police has some of the most lethal police helicopters around! Thats when they are not flying for the Army :ph34r:

Sauragnmon

Mil has a Hind design built for police, no word on that above and beyond - might be interesting to do a Police Hind.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

kitnut617

Royal Canadian Mounted Police Piaggio Avanti

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

deathjester

Wouldn't it save so much trouble in police chases (as seen on 'Police! Crash!,Bang Wallop!) if the Fuzz had access to Apaches for their Air Support Units.  Might be an idea to ask Rockwell if they do a Burberry seeking version of Hellfire....

dragon

I have been waiting for J-Bot to get back to business so that I can buy some Police decals...I have a 1/72 scale UAV that I want to put California Highway Patrol markings on.... :drink:
"As long as people are going to call you a lunatic anyway, why not get the benefits of it?  It liberates you from convention."- from the novel WICKED by Gregory Maguire.

"I must really be crazy to be in a looney bin like this" - Jack Nicholson in the movie ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST

Mossie

One from the net some time ago, a Moller 400 patrol:

And did this one myself a while back too:

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.