Main Menu

1/72 Torpedo

Started by PanzerWulff, May 09, 2009, 07:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

Does anyone have a spare 1/72 arial torpedo any WWII torpedo would do,or as an alternitive know of any aftermarket torpedos.Thanks for your help in advance
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

cthulhu77

allied or another power?

Green Dragon

Don't know if this will help much PanzerWulf, I was needing a couple WWII torpedoes and couldn't find anything but little modern ones in the scrap boxes so I ended up reshaping some old Airfix Hunter drop tanks. Not great but they'll do for my kit bash.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

sequoiaranger

American ones were fat and short (and, up until 1943, almost totally useless!). Italian and British ones were long and skinny, with the Italian types having a complex series of fins. German and Japanese ones are the most "aesthetic" in my opinion, with the nod going to the Japanese type as being MUCH more efficient.
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

thedarkmaster

I have a couple off an old kit , think they are german or Italian.

If you want them drop me a pm

tim
Everything looks better with the addition of British Roundels!

the Empires Twilight facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Empires-twilight/167640759919192

"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

JayBee

Alternatively, I have the slightly later than WW2 torpedo from the Tumpeter Wyvern if you are interested.
Pm me if you are interested.

JimB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

philp

Sorry, I sent 3 torps to Captain Canada last year and I think he used them all.

Know I have one in my Swordfish kit but will be using it (if I can find a decent pic of the wooden tail used on the Taranto raid).
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

kitnut617

Most strange, I thought I left a post on here showing these:

http://www.djparkins.clara.net/fltpath/fp72_torpedos.htm
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

pyro-manic

The Revell (ex-Matchbox) Swordfish comes with a torp, if that's any use. Nice little kit, and cheap. :)

Actually, looking at the kit torp (I'm using mine, sorry!), it would be rather easy to scratch one from a bit of tubing (pen barrel maybe?), and the tail from a bomb.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PanzerWulff

what I'm really looking for is a Japanese type but as I said I'll make do with what I can find.If I could find a 1/72 "Kate" that would be perfect (Esp as thats the only Japanese torpedo bomber I actually remember) Wasn't there a 1/72 Serian out there with a torpedo???
"Panzer"

Jeffry Fontaine

Perhaps the attached images will be of some use to you.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

cthulhu77

the reason I was asking is because I have a mold for aircraft torpedoes of a few different sorts, and I do have some resin casting to do soon (scratching up a X-7)...it looks they could be easily modified to fit the japanese bill.

You can see them on page two here:

http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,18193.15.html

PanzerWulff

Greg I would Love a couple to play around with.I also lucked out and snapped up a Fujimi "Jill" on Ebay for 14 dollars inc shipping,Still Thanks guys for all the help I really think you guys are going to like the build :thumbsup: