Insane patterns

Started by Taiidantomcat, May 07, 2009, 04:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

I sometimes worry about showing folks around here things like these... :thumbsup:

But they are great ideas for that next paint scheme! More here:

http://loudmouthgolf.com/
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Daryl J.

I wouldn't mind doing a Bf-109F or Fokker Triplane  along the lines of this sharpie marker decorated E46 BMW:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356162
Note:  Some verbal content not suitable for minors.  Very cool effort on the Bimmer, however.

The guy used this Lambo for inspiration:

puddingwrestler

I think you could get a great scheme out of that pattern of big dots - just get a whole hell of a lot of actually round roundels and pattern the plane with those! Then it could be in the markings of many countries! Possibly this could be used for UN missions  :thumbsup:
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

B777LR

The multi coloured dots look a bit like the digi-cam version of the WWI lozenge camo :wub:

Mossie

You really need a new wardrobe!

Something like the real world camouflage experiments by McClelland Barclay?  The principle was similar to dazzle pattern camouflage on ships, to confuse an enemy gunner as to the distance & heading of the aircraft.  They weren't successful, but wow, would it make a funky model, especially if you factored in the colours from those clothes!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

puddingwrestler

Wow! Tribal tats on a Brewster Buffalo!

I might just have to try that look out on something or other!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

comrade harps

Just like that folio sized book on tropical reef critters with dazzling colour photos that I recently borrowed from the local library, this is dangerously inspirational.

Thankyou.  :thumbsup:
Whatever.

HOG

Quote from: Taiidantomcat on May 07, 2009, 04:04:44 PM
I sometimes worry about showing folks around here things like these... :thumbsup:

But they are great ideas for that next paint scheme! More here:

To hell with paintjobs, please send me the number of your tailor :wub:
G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Daryl J.

Walking into the Salmon Creek Starbucks yesterday morning was a jacket just like that polka dot thing above.
Trust me, what was filling that jacket............. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Daryl J.