SPECULATIVE chemical/biological weapons ?

Started by TsrJoe, May 06, 2009, 01:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

weather warfare, 'Project Cold Cloud' underwing stores ...

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

TsrJoe

during a recent visit to the RAF. Museum at Hendon i noticed on display 1940/50's air dropped incendiary, ap. and chemical store's ...

TsrJoe

upnorth

Interesting stuff, though I think an Mi-8/17 Hip would be a much more likely helicopter for spray work than the Hind. Big internal volume for a chemical tank and the weapon racks they put on them could support substantial spray bars on them.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

GTX

How about a biological weapone packed with Red Dwarf's Sexual Magnetism Virus - the enemy certainly won't be fighting you... ;D

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

pyro-manic

I'm sure I saw a story a little while back about a US program to develop a weaponised aphrodisiac. Unsurprisingly, it didn't get very far...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

PR19_Kit

Quote from: pyro-manic on May 06, 2009, 03:05:56 PM
I'm sure I saw a story a little while back about a US program to develop a weaponised aphrodisiac. Unsurprisingly, it didn't get very far...

That's because all the staff on the programme found more interesting things to do than go to work!  :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

raafif

you may as well all give up -- the truth is much stranger than fiction.

I'm not sick ... just a little unwell.

Mossie

I think the weaponised aphrodisiac was the 'Gay Bomb'. :o  Basically, the premise was make all the soldiers fancy each other so strongly they'd be too busy being at it to think about warfare!  The UN basically condemned it.  I imagine that it could have also had quite a psychological effect, especially against enemies where the culture is firmly against homosexuality.

There were also other non lethal chemical weapons considered, a bee bomb that would spray the enemy in bee pheromones, in an area laced with hives, as well as flatulence & halitosis weapons to prevent enemies concealing themselves within a population.  It seems to me that most of these ideas were thrown in a brainstorm at a meeting & probably never seriously considered.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bomb

My guess is that non lethal chemical & biological weapons would more likely be aimed at causing unpleasant illnesses such as violent diarrhea & vomiting to incapacitate troops, flu viruses , or temporary confusion & hysteria.  Very unpleasant symptoms, but ultimately reversible.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mossie

Talking about fiction again, 'Vanishing Point' by Jon Nichol talks about the creation of a chemical agent known as V-omega.  This gas is capable of penetrating NBC suits, but can be vaccinated against so that the troops of the user nation are immune.  My favourite book by Jon Nichol, it's basically an attack on Gulf War Syndrome, worth getting hold of.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

GTX

Quote from: Mossie on May 07, 2009, 07:03:52 AM
I think the weaponised aphrodisiac was the 'Gay Bomb'. :o  Basically, the premise was make all the soldiers fancy each other so strongly they'd be too busy being at it to think about warfare!  The UN basically condemned it.  I imagine that it could have also had quite a psychological effect, especially against enemies where the culture is firmly against homosexuality.

;D  I can imagine that being feared more than a nuke by many cultures.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

pyro-manic

How about an LSD bomb? Rather good at reducing enemy effectiveness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX7m4fqTLKU

;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

NARSES2

Quote from: Mossie on May 07, 2009, 07:03:52 AM

There were also other non lethal chemical weapons considered,  as well as flatulence & halitosis weapons

One of those was tested at the Northern show a couple of years ago, a more refined version with a lower yield has since been produced  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.