Cats

Started by Geoff, May 05, 2009, 03:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

I like cats. I have 2 of them; But, Milly (aka "Murderous Milly") has just walked over the shelf I keep my builds on and screwed up the A-4 I was making. The carpet monster has claimed the wing slat off a 1/48th A-4 AAAAAAGH!!!

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Steel Penguin

capt,  what are the 3 brass`s  in the bottom right hand of the kitty pic?
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

pyro-manic

I have a thrice-wrecked Voodoo somewhere as further proof...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Captain Canada

I believe the big one is a 105, it came from CFB Borden in the 70s. They had the towed Howitzers there and a few Leos, and it could also be from a recoilless rifle I think

The short fat one is from WWII I think. A friend gave it to me.

The other one is a 30 or 40mm.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pyro-manic

Little one looks like a 40mm Bofors case..?
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Captain Canada

Stamped onto bottom :

40mm MK3 10-44 CL-GHB and then a little symbol that looks like an anchor

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Nick

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 31, 2014, 04:01:31 PM
Stamped onto bottom :

40mm MK3 10-44 CL-GHB and then a little symbol that looks like an anchor

40mm Bofors round, made in October 1944, CL-GHB could have been the ammo factory but nobody seems to know for sure. The anchor suggests it was made for US Navy use. British rounds would have the Broad Arrow stamp.

This http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/Admin-Hist/075-Ordnance/075-Ord6R.html  is a great resource. It even explains why the US Army and the US Navy Bofors guns did not have interchangeable parts despite coming from the same original plans.....
The US Navy plans were redrawn from metric Swedish plans by York Lock and Safe using decimal conversions. The US Army plans were redrawn by Chrysler using fraction conversions. It may only be a hair width of difference but it means a lot in precision mass production!

Cobra

We have a New Cat, to be More Exact,a Kitten her Name is "Tin-Tin", Even though my Younger Brother wants to Give her a Different Name :rolleyes: Have Not seen how she'll work when it Comes to models, but she's Only 3 Months old and a Real Fun Girl ;) Stay Cool Guys :mellow: Dan

JasonW

I have four, they are forbidden from entering the basement model workshop area as they have long and varied kill tally. Mostly AA against aircraft models but one managed to launch and anti-ship weapon that wiped out a battleship model I was working on several years back. They have yet to develop anti-armor training.

I want to put some kill markings on their collars but keep getting over ruled by SWMBO.
It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

- George Burns

NARSES2

Quote from: JasonW on January 02, 2015, 06:25:23 PM
I want to put some kill markings on their collars but keep getting over ruled by SWMBO.

Go on do it  ;D ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

rickshaw

Quote from: Captain Canada on December 31, 2014, 10:16:39 AM
I believe the big one is a 105, it came from CFB Borden in the 70s. They had the towed Howitzers there and a few Leos, and it could also be from a recoilless rifle I think

The short fat one is from WWII I think. A friend gave it to me.

The other one is a 30 or 40mm.

Centre one looks like a 105mm How. case.  The right-hand one looks like perhaps either a 20 Pdr or a 105mm tank round.

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Captain Canada

I think it is a 20 pr, as that is barely legible on the bottom. We had Centurion tanks in Borden for years.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

kitnut617

Our cats don't come in the house further than the mud-room, because in the cold they can't be outside even though I built a well insulated cat kennel with a heated floor for them (-20C and lower is a bit too cold even for them). The thing I don't like about them is they're always jumping up on the kitchen counters, and as they have a litter box to use, whatever is on their feet is then all over the counters. So they don't come in the house ---

We had three but we just retired one of our cats (no it's not dead), he was getting a bit slow these days and we didn't want the coyotes to get him.  He's gone back to live with our son who has a place in one of the small towns near here.  The cat used to be our son's before he went to live with his Uncle in the Dom'Rep', and he came with us when we moved into the countryside but now my boy is back in the country he's said he would take him back.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike