MIG 25 Foxbat twin & triple

Started by Vulcan7, May 05, 2009, 12:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan7

going to do my first "modern" jet what-iffs, thought I'd start with one of my all time favourites  ;D, I've got 2 kits for the twin, I'll have to wait for the others  :tornado:

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

puddingwrestler

The tripple makes me think of old skool video games like Galaga and Galaxian somehow...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Cobra

The Twin Reminds me of Chadders Spectrum VIP Transport & the Triple Reminds of Galaga and Galaxian as well!!!! Very Cool :mellow: what have You got planned for Paint & Decal on these Beauties????? Keep up the Great Work!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Zeke

The twin looks yummy!...can't wait to see more of that one!
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Vulcan7

cheers chaps  :thumbsup:  :cheers: started the twin last night, the old school Hasegawa kit is nice & simple/quick+filler ;D

Quote from: Cobra on May 05, 2009, 11:25:38 PM
The Twin Reminds me of Chadders Spectrum VIP Transport & the Triple Reminds of Galaga and Galaxian as well!!!! Very Cool :mellow: what have You got planned for Paint & Decal on these Beauties????? Keep up the Great Work!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

I will have to look up Galaga and Galaxian, sounds good PW & Cobra :tornado:, as for paint & decals, not sure...I do like winter camo though & RAF, but I like a Secret Soviet Projects idea as well  :huh: ;D :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :tornado: :cheers:

Vulcan7

made a start on the twin, fuselage together (pre-sanding) (wings & tail dry fit test....)

sideshowbob9

cthulhu77

That'd be a great anti ship platform, one working as a pilot, the other as the missile guidance officer. Now, you just need a couple of huge Kelts or Kingfisher missiles underneath!

Vulcan7

Quote from: cthulhu77 on May 06, 2009, 04:53:53 AM
That'd be a great anti ship platform, one working as a pilot, the other as the missile guidance officer. Now, you just need a couple of huge Kelts or Kingfisher missiles underneath!

sounds good ct, I'll take your word for it as I'm missile illiterate I'm afraid  :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :cheers:

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

John Howling Mouse

Will have to send Tophe a "Twin" alert...he'll love this!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Tophe

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on May 06, 2009, 08:43:34 PM
... Alerted... I LOVE, truly I do... :wub: :wub:   :wub: :wub: :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Vulcan7

cheers chaps  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Tophe on May 06, 2009, 10:14:25 PM
Quote from: John Howling Mouse on May 06, 2009, 08:43:34 PM
... Alerted... I LOVE, truly I do... :wub: :wub:   :wub: :wub: :wub:

Tophe are you a twin yourself by any chance? (you don't have to answer that :lol:;D :tornado: :thumbsup:  ...have you got any jet twins I might like?   :tornado: :thumbsup:

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 06, 2009, 06:46:23 AM
Madness!  :wacko: Pure madness!  :thumbsup: :bow:

hmm, i quite agree! absolutely insane, but a great idea.  :thumbsup:

daft Q.... do these foxbats go any the faster than the single?

perhaps a future challenge is to make something aircrafty from all
of the leftover bits there must be.
Keeper of George the Cat.