I'm In ! Supermarine Orca Finished under the wire.....

Started by Captain Canada, April 30, 2009, 02:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

With a bag of goodies, a few beers, some days off, and a one month extension ? I'm hoping to resurrect my Scale-o-Rama idea from waaaay back into a floaty thing.

I have no idea who's going to manufacture it, or what it will be called.....

:cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Little progress last night...seperated the fuselage and started to ready it for the filler. I find that NHL playoffs severly hamper my modeling time.....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ChernayaAkula

Cool concept!  :o  :thumbsup: Is that a scale-o-rama* with a single-seat fighter cockpit? :o :wacko:

* People who can read really have an advantage.  :banghead: Still, the single-seat cockpit will look great!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

GTX

QuoteI have no idea who's going to manufacture it, or what it will be called.....

Surely something by Supermarine.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Do I need to call Mrs. Captain Canada and get her to yank the cord from the satellite dish so you can focus on styrene?!   :wacko:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ytown2010

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on May 01, 2009, 07:38:25 PM
Do I need to call Mrs. Captain Canada and get her to yank the cord from the satellite dish so you can focus on styrene?!   :wacko:
don't come between a Canadian and his hockey ;D. Capt Canada, btw: C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!!!!

nev

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 01, 2009, 06:49:57 AM
Little progress last night...seperated the fuselage and started to ready it for the filler. I find that NHL playoffs severly hamper my modeling time.....

Hard to take your eyes off the dominance of the Wings eh?  Where is Kurly btw?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Captain Canada

Ya Nev, they dominated my whole day by playing 6 periods ! Loved the outcome, tho. Kurly left the building.

:thumbsup:

Baz, I'm on cable, so.....

Caps and Pens is going to be a long series...love it !

Here's my small update for today:

Scribe some lines in the styrene....

Bend along said lines.....

And it curls right into place....now, onto the filler !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

Nice mods, Cap'n! I'm going to enjoy watching this one come together!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Captain Canada

Thanks Brian !

Slapped putty all ove rthe place.....

Made up the wing spars....

Hacked the wings in two....

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Cobra

Super Sweet!!!!!!! Tell if I'm nuts but.................Wouldn't a Major Aircraft Name in Canada be Avro Canada??? Your Aircraft is Looking Cool. i can Just Picture an Alarm Klaxon Going off and Coast Guard Crews running to Your Aircraft,Ready to Go to the Rescue!!!!!! Stay Cool,Captain!!!!! :ph34r: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers:

Captain Canada

Thanks Cobra !

It'll probably be a Supermarine a/c as my idea was to have her on a catapault on the back of a big capital ship. I was struggling with the cocpkit, tho. An a/c this big should probably have more than one crewman. I was going to use the canopy from an Avenger, but it wasn't true enough to my original cocncept. I may add some kind of bubble for an observer at the back. Maybe.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

Looks like we have some reverse-gull wing action going on.....and lots more putty !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Cobra

Great Job,Captain :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Why do i picture this Baby launching off a Catapult from a Coast Guard Vessel responding to an SOS????? keep up the Great Work!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :cheers: