Whatis the smallest scale you have made a what if aircraft

Started by lenny100, April 30, 2009, 11:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny100

I have just started a 1/700 scale aircraft what if for a project i am working on
sorry no photos tet as it made of clear plastic and does not photo well yet!

what is the smallest scale you have built?
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

B777LR

That would be scratchbuilding an aircraft for the 1/1200 Revell Bismarck. Sorry, even the Bismarck model is too small to photograph. Did it to try out some new tools/magnifying glasses for modeling.it was a bit out of scale >:(

JayBee

The smallest scale that can be used is 1/10 to the Nth power.
This is used to model dioramas of Angels dancing on the head of a pin!

JB
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

sequoiaranger

I made some conversions/whifs from 1/100 and 1/144-scale aircraft, and 1/2000 ships. **WHEN**, not if, I make my 1/700 angled-deck WWII Bon Homme Richard, it will have some Douglas Decimator aircraft on it
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Shasper

1/200 is the smallest I've got (pair of DML B-2s), my fingers & steady hands cant work with anything smaller.

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

sv51macross

I've made in 1:144th scale a King-Raptor YF-23, AST-21 Tomcat, and Israeli F-16XL

John Howling Mouse

I've got a 1:144th Mustang but it's just barely a What If...

I built a sci-fi drone that would work out to be about 1:1000 but it is about 8 inches long so not really a challenge, miniature-wise.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ChrisF

A 1:250 monogram B-52

Which i converted into dale browns "old dog" with help from some bits in the bits box...

:lol:

Sauragnmon

smallest to date, 1/72.  I have a Tu-22 in 1/144 I'm going to do some whif markings on.  Eventually, I might do some whiffed 1/700 - I have plans to modify some choppers for work.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

The Rat

Well, I did some stuff for #1 son's aircraft carrier, but don't recall the scale. Probably this one would be the smallest scale whiffer, 1/300th:

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

frank2056

I love that B-70!

The smallest ones I've made are 1/350 or 1/400 scratchbuilds. Like my Bell D2064

BlackOps

This one is 1/350

Not sure what scale my Sea GeeBee is but it's small :)

My batch of space fighters that are still in progress.

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

rallymodeller

I did some GHQ Miniatures 1/700 armour for a friend once. No modifications, just paint. In that scale, it's enough. Also did some 1/1200 GHQ ships for a game of Harpoon. I think I still have the British Sovremmeny I did.

'Course the absolute smallest scale I have ever worked with are the 1/15000 Zentraedi battleships. That's small!
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Weaver

Got a 1/288th An-72 which is going to be a miniature of the 1/72nd scale gunship I have planned. None of this actually exists yet though, and you shouldn't hold your breath.....
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nev

Blackops, you gotta get back to that Space project.  Tres cool.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May