"A little bit of this.....

Started by Glenn, February 05, 2004, 06:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn

When I was young and innocent, (a bit like the Weasley twins) I had fits of madness, and this is one of those fits. I wondered what it would be like to add a Spit to something, lets say, a B-26. Well lucky I didn't go to that extreme, this was bad enough. Using the fuselage and at least one prop from the Spit, with the wings tailplane wing tanks, prop and undercart and canopy from the P-51D. Finished it off in PRU Blue. The only thing I didn't give it, was a name!
I thought of Spitstang, or Mustfire, but every thing sounded yukish. Please be nice, and give this warbird a name, to be proud of!

Ollie

Well, well...

hmmm...

Klapper?

Flunkter?

Frightener!!! :wub:  :wub:  

Tophe

Wonderful, dear Lyn  :wub:
Please could you post a side-view of it, for me to draw the profile, as a last-last-minute addition to my book ?
Thanks a lot, dear... :)  
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

How about Sickstang !

'cause that's just sick !

...in a good way, you know, like the kids say !

Looks like an early Cavalier conversion....beauty !

:wub:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

That's a keeper. Love the rustic quality of it but are those Japanese markings instead of British?!?

Oh, by the way, this WAS a real plane and Hasegawa's making a model of it in 1:48 for 2006.  This post-WW2 fighter was called the Fairey Spectre.

Didn't you know that?

[Gotta start the rumours now...time for Mairfrog to make up another faux kit box!]
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Glenn

Tophe,
   I'll do a couple of drawings for you, and the dark ring behind the cockpit is a camera.
When thinking of a name, think of something ugly, like Gollum or something. I like ugly things, like 2CV's and Renault 4's.

Tophe

QuoteTophe,
   I'll do a couple of drawings for you, and the dark ring behind the cockpit is a camera.
When thinking of a name, think of something ugly, like Gollum or something. I like ugly things, like 2CV's and Renault 4's.
* Thanks for the forthcoming drawings, dear Lyn  :)
* British friends of my parents had bought a 2CV because they loved the shape, and they used with tenderness the French nick-name for that "deux-chevaux" car: Dodoche... (pronounce Dodosh) :)  
* I did not know what was the meaning of your ugly Gollum...  :(  I have asked Google, and yes  :wub: , this is awfully not pretty (below) - while your one is so better...

Glenn

Tophe,
   Enclosed, a side drawing of the 'thing'! The dot ring on the left side is the camera port, (only on the port side) and I have not added the tanks under the wing.
Actually, the first 2CV I ever saw was in a 1950's movie, and fell in love with it's quirky design from that point. Later I saw the 2CV van, (my first was in Tahiti) but then Peter Sellers drove one into a swimming pool, and realised they weren't water proof. If I'd been living in Europe, my first car would have been one, but living here in OZ, it wasn't!
My first car was a V-Dub 'Beedle'. Actually, a 1961 and a half model.

John Howling Mouse

Quote* I did not know what was the meaning of your ugly Gollum...  :(  I have asked Google, and yes  :wub: , this is awfully not pretty (below) - while your one is so better...
Geez, Tophe---where did you find that picture of my ex-wife?!

;)  :lol:  :P  

Tophe

Thanks Lyn for the side-view, but yesterday my publisher wrote to me : "stop adding pages again and again"... So I fear this pearl will not be included.
Barry, I am sorry, I did not know this was private. I found her on the Web, with text referring to Hollywood films, I did not know that was the love of your life. I did not want to disturb, I mean it, please accept my apologies...

John Howling Mouse

QuoteBarry, I am sorry, I did not know this was private. I found her on the Web, with text referring to Hollywood films, I did not know that was the love of your life....
Yikes, that's "ex" love of my life!!!

Heavy emphasis on the "EX" part.

:P

Glenn

JHM,
  I'll have to find the model, it's in a box somewhere under the house. I've done a side view for Tophe, but I'll see how things go.

Tophe

Quotethat's "ex" love of my life!!!
Heavy emphasis on the "EX" part.
Sorry I had not understood. Do you have found even prettier ? I thought it was impossible...  :)  

Glenn

JHM,
   Dialogue from the movie, 'Life of Brian', when the prophet see's 'our hero' stagger from the wrecked space ship and says, "You lucky Bar-stard"! Well, you are, mate! I had a good look under the house, but couldn't find it, (I had a clean-up about 6 months ago, and 'it' might have gone to the wrecking yards) You're lucky 'cause I always take about 4 frames of each finished model, so I have a record.
Enclosed is the head on view, and when I reduce the next one, I'll send that as well. At least with the front view, you can estimate it's size.
                                                 Lyn/Glenn

Glenn

The thing is, I only ever build one of anything. Space is always limited, and once it's built, I want a change. It's better, selling 'originals' this way, if it's a 'one-off' and someone buys it, no one else can say, "yea, I've got one of those!"
With me, the best time is when you're working on 'it' (what ever 'it' is!) and then, when it's finished, and I've taken the shots of it, the interest is gone, and I start the next project. I've always been like this, from aircraft/armour/ to Sci Fi, it's always the same!