FOKKER D-XXIII W (Watervliegtuig). Dutch East Indies, December of 1941.

Started by PACOPEPE, April 22, 2009, 04:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PACOPEPE

Hi everybody again.

Here is a very simple conversion, but of a very interesting model; especially at the time and place indicated.

The dutch had other seaplanes, but surely none would have been as interesting as a float version of this revolutionary plane. Only i´ll change (also the floaters) the vertical stabilizers, and the final camo.

Any suggestions? .

Regards
Fran

Doc Yo

Neat concept! I'd go with the same pattern of cammo, but with an 'marine' color pallette. Blues and
greys instead of browns and greens. Good luck with the build!

PACOPEPE

Thanks Doc Yo; i´m agree with the paint scheme you tell, but i like the scheme of the dutch army too. I send a picture of P-36 of the same setting, with this camo.

Can you tell me what two paints of Humbrol appear in the picture i post now?.

Cheers
Fran

GTX

You could also do it as one that escaped to Australia.  Either way, looking forward to the result.

regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Hobbes

How about a blue/green/brown camo? Something that matches the colors you get in coastal areas.

ChernayaAkula

Cool idea! :thumbsup: But don't the floats look awfully big?  :unsure: Maybe just use one under the fuselage with some outriggers under the wings as on the Japanese Rufe, Zeke or Rex?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

PACOPEPE

Thanks ChernayaAkula.

In my first picture, the floats looked too larger respect the fuselage, for an effect of perspective. In this, the floats look better. I think the float type "Rufe" or "Rex", are more suitable for planes with shorter fuselage. Do you agree?.

Regards
Fran

puddingwrestler

I like your ground crew. Do you intend to carry them through to the final version or drop them by the wayside in a quest for greater accuracy.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

ChernayaAkula

Cheeky cameras! :o I wouldn't have thought cameras could mess up the perspective of things that much.  :blink:

It looks much better now. Much more believable.  :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

PACOPEPE

Thanks ChernayaAkula.

Puddingwrestler, thanks too. I knew you´d like my ground crew. You´ve discovered the true modelers of my what if´s. I´ll think in your suggestions, but i fear on this occasion, it doesn´t exist an effect of perspective.  ;D

Regards
Fran

PACOPEPE

Hi again. Here the kit.

I hope to finish it before the 11 h 59´of next 31st. I imagine that the kit will be "IN", taking the previous time like spanish hour; is it?.

All the best
Fran

Mossie

Very nice job on an interesting little aircraft, it's one that's been in my thoughts recentley.  What was the kit like to build?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PACOPEPE

The original kit comes from model of Pegasus on scale 1/72 (on injected plastic).

I´ve only maked three modifications (besides adding floats): one lower observation deck, another post back, and one defensive turret.

Now here is the kit only without decals and the final hand of matt varnish.

Regards
Fran

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Taiidantomcat

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 30, 2009, 04:12:35 PM
Great!  :o It's gonna look awesome with decals on it! :thumbsup:

No joke!! Very impressive and excellent paint work!
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.