2 Suggestions for late 2009/early 2010

Started by kitbasher, April 22, 2009, 02:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitbasher

1 - We've had the 'Sovietise It!' GB this year - why not have a mirror image 'Westernise It!'?
2 - 'Timewarp GB'?  Couple of pics recently of Eurofighter Typhoon in WW2 RAF colours, A-7 in WW2 USN colours inspired this idea.  So what if Tornado GR1s/4s were in WW2 Bomber Command?  Or B-17s in Air Combat Command?  Keep the machine in its proper air arm, just shuffle the timeline.
;D ;D
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Daryl J.

Part 2, taken to an extreme, is currently underway.  The timewarp is just extended signficantly both backwards and forwards:  dinosaur/SPAD XIII/levitating 'motorbike' for supervisor.

Sounds interesting.   A westernized Su-24 would be cool.   French MiG-23 replacing the Mirage?

Daryl J.

Fulcrum

or a combination of both? A U.S.A.A.F.(westernized) Mig-29 with D-Day stripes with LGB's & Amraams with sidewinders. :o
Fulcrums Forever!!!
Master Assembler

JoeP

I like these!  :wub:

There are so many possibilities for Westernized Soviets, especially if the ex-Warsaw Pact had a fire sale after the Berlin Wall came down. Western currency would have been very popular among the newly-free SSRs.

I will be doing a Kuznetsov CV as either USN, RN, or EU Navy.

My nearly-next project is an SBC Helldiver (the biplane) in mid-WW2 USN colours, meant for the "WW2 starts in 1933 in the Pacific".

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

lancer

I like the westenise it idea, but then I already have built RAF versions of the Mig 21, 23 &29 all with AIM9/Skyflash/Amraam loadouts Oh and a SU27 but I think that needs to be re done.

I also like the timeline build ideas as well. I have been having ideas like that ever since I saw 19SQN's hawk in WW2 cammo. Personally I thought it looked bang on. I'm thinking Bucc all done up like a tTiffie from the Falaise Gap or perhaps one of the convoy killing Beaus or Mossies. Hell, even the full colour markings from the inter war years, yes I have ideas for that as well

Got my votes anyway.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

ysi_maniac

Quote from: Daryl J. on April 22, 2009, 05:09:22 PM
Part 2, taken to an extreme, is currently underway.  The timewarp is just extended signficantly both backwards and forwards:  dinosaur/SPAD XIII/levitating 'motorbike' for supervisor.

This is the Anachronistic GB :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

ChernayaAkula

Two cool ideas!  :thumbsup:

I'm afraid I don't remember where I've seen it, but I believe it was some Brazilian chap that did a couple of cool profiles. One was a Tornado F.3 in RAF Bomber Command scheme. :wub: A GR Tornado would be more fitting, I guess, but the idea is cool.

And I think the markings of THIS P-47D THUNDERBOLT would look pretty spectacular on an A-10 Thunderbolt II.  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?