Israeli F-100 Super Sabre

Started by BlackOps, April 21, 2009, 09:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

I've decided to put this one to plastic :)

I'm going to put the prize I received from Chris (Narses2) from the 1 week group build to good use Here is what I'm starting with, A 1/72 Hasewagawa F-100 kit

I'm guessing this is an older kit, I don't mind the raised panel lines but there is a bit of flash, ejector pin marks and of molding seams that need to be addressed. I've decided I'm not going to kill myself trying to make everything perfect but I am going to take care of some of the things that bug me.

First up, where the nose connects to the fuselage there is a wall that can be seen through the intake, while it's not horrible it bugged me. I've decided to cut the wall out and sculpt the inside of the inlet so it looks a little better. I may be sorry later when I actually try this!  :D

Got some of the major assemblies done, glued on the nose intake before I realized I hadn't sculpted the inside inlet yet DOH! It's going to be a little trickier to pull off now, but I'm still going to try.

Will try to make some more progress tomorrow :)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Ed S

I like this idea.  But then what doesn't look good in that camo pattern.  Good luck with the intake.  If it doesn't work, you can always make a FOD cover and hide it.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

sotoolslinger

COOL :mellow: Love the paint plan and the Hun is one of my favs :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

nev

This is gunna be cool - its official.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

B777LR

Quote from: BlackOps on April 21, 2009, 09:08:43 PM
Got some of the major assemblies done, glued on the nose intake before I realized I hadn't sculpted the inside inlet yet DOH! It's going to be a little trickier to pull off now, but I'm still going to try.

I would use lots of white glue. Thats what i did on the Italeri F-22, and the result was rather nice :thumbsup:

John Howling Mouse

Black Knight, eh?

"Have Sabre, will travel" read the card of a man...    :thumbsup:

(Paladin)
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

That kit actually dates waaayyyy back to the FROG/Hales days of Hasegawa, when they were first starting out - As does their RF-101, P-2 etc.... Doesn't matter at-all as we all know Mr BlackOps will produce another 'winner'.

Over to you, Bud, no pressure !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

BlackOps

1st off, sorry to be so slow between updates but I've started a brand new job, with a brand new business my ex-boss has just started, so it's taking up all of my free time getting things rolling, but we are off to a good start, and things couldn't be going much better. :)

Meanwhile back at the bench, I had some time to work on my intake, which would have been a LOT easier if I'd done this before I attached it  :D

It really wasn't that bad to do so far. I just smooshed (technical term) some Aves Apoxie Sculpt into the intake and shaped it with the back of a thin paintbrush. As soon as it's dry I'll hit it with a smooth round file to go after anything that looks out of place. Hoping to get some more bench time tomorrow but gotta spend some quality time with MOM first  ;)
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

BlackOps

It's been a long while since I've touched this one, but I've finally started laying down color on it.

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Army of One

Looking good.....as Ed S said....what don't look good in this scheme.... :thumbsup:...what era would this have been used in n any idea of a load out??? Thanks  ;D
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Sauragnmon

Very interesting proposal, The hun's quite a nice looking bird definately.  The spine and fin should give it a nice sharp edge too.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

BlackOps

Progress is dribbling in like molasses. A little more done.

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

nev

But those molasses are sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet :wub:
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)