Mirage III BZ

Started by chrisonord, April 19, 2009, 02:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisonord

This project is going to be a very easy one for me to do as all I am doing to it is put some hard points onto it as there were none in the kit, a centre line rocket pod that originated on a Matchbox Jaguar, 2 short range AAM's and possibly 2 TER's loaded with Matras.
Although this aircraft is really just a trainer, the gods of whatiff have blessed it with some ordnance. It is just a pity that it doesn't have any cannons fitted. I am going to fit the hard points differently to the way they are on the single seat fighters, as this is going to be a rebuilt aircraft for my Honduras AF.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Sauragnmon

Looking forward to seeing the pictures and progress on this one Chris.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

chrisonord

Well this one is nearly done, as it is originally a matchbox kit there is not a lot of detail to it, it still needed plenty of filler though.
I have fitted the Jaguars centreline SNEB pod and the TER's. I have also used up my supply of Matra SNEB pods on this project, as it will have six of them >:(
I am still at odds whether to put another pair of hardpoints on and give it some gunpods, but I don't have anything suitable in that department either  :banghead: Back to the drawing board again.
Chris. 

Weaver

There's a French cannon pod with a DEFA 553 30mm in it. It looks like a drop tank, mounted backwards (i.e. pointly end forwards) and with the point "drooped" so the bottom line from nose to centre is flat. Looks like it could be cobbled together from a drop tank and filler.....

I'll try to find a pic.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

chrisonord

Cheers for that Weaver,
I just hope I will have enough room between the hardpoints I have already put on, as the Matras take up quite a bit of room.
I will have to get the measuring stick out when I have fitted the Matras.

chrisonord

Here is some pictures for you all, the jury is still out on the paint scheme, and the rocket pods need to come off again to be re aligned....again.
I am going to stick with this load out as there is not any room for gun pods, but at least it can defend itself.

Cheers,
Chris. 

Sauragnmon

Hell of a strafing load on that Mirage, Chris.  I'm not sure on the camo either, perhaps switching the two, doing an almost Angolan style camo pattern, with the lighter green patches outlined with small trace-shadows of the darker might change the look.  Keep the blue tail markings though - those look cool.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

BlackOps

I really like tha camo pattern. In fact I like this whole build!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

chrisonord

well as of tonight the camo scheme is no more, I wasn't right happy with it so it is back to the drawing board. It has dark sea grey top side and sky grey underneath. I want to do a camo scheme on it, so I might use a black green on it, I will see, it might come out completely different again :lol:
Chris.

Sauragnmon

Look up the Angolan Su-27's and consider a camo pattern like theirs with the outlined patches - it really does a neat effect when you do it.

chrisonord

I have just looked up the Angolan SU-27's and to be honest that scheme doesn't really fit with my other mirages I have already done.
I think it will be 2 tone grey, as I have a mirage 2000/5 and a Kfir done in dark sea grey,

BlackOps

Awwwwwww Man, I liked that camo  :blink:  Still looking forward to seeing what you come up with  ;D
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.