Harri-hog prototype at AMARC Davis-Monthan AFB

Started by lenny100, April 19, 2009, 10:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny100

does anybody know the best and cheapest way to simulate the plastic coverings used at AMARC when a plane is taken there for stowage

i need to simulate this type of thing especially the engine covers and the cockpit

Ps need this done by friday
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Hobbes

I'd try with clingfilm, but I don't know how that reacts to paint.

The Rat

Maybe some White-out? It has that thick texture that you could use to simulate film.
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

cthulhu77

sudzonic

You coluld try latex gloves or white latex moulding soulution it would give you that look?
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

HOG

Single thickness tissue with diluted PVA glue. Crumple tissues by rolling between your palms to remove dimples and texture first. paint around intake with glue, add small piece of tissue to cover. Let dry then add glue to centre and as it dries it gives that streched look. If it fails  simply peel off and try again.

cheerz  :drink:
Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

tinlail

Some of that is plastic laid across opening and some of that is spayed in place, so it is not all one solution.
I would recommend white paint with masking tape to generate the hard edge for most of it. I believe that covering is supposed to be taut, for the loose stuff I guess tissue would work.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

lenny100

I have done it with a mixture of suggestions

first i used a thin wall  bag , the cling film proved to be not strong enough

then coved with tipex to give the white look
looks quite real will post photo later one camera battery's are charged
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!