Trumpeter 1/35 E-100 tank

Started by MarkH262, April 10, 2009, 12:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkH262

OK, this is an out of the box build and I'm trying to finish this before our club's annual contest on April 18.  Got the 2 colors on it and that's all I was thinking. I was toying with using the MM chocolate brown as some shadowing along the dark yellow but I don't think I'll have time. I need to weather the beast and start on the tracks and do the tools.

Let me know what ya think!!

GTX

Looks good so far.

Got a distinct hovertank look there at this moment though... :wacko:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

MarkH262

Yeah, Looks like a hover tank out of Battlefield 2142

Doc Yo

Very nicely executed-Did you paint it free hand, and if not, how did you mask it?

MarkH262

It's all freehand with the paint really thin and the pressure down low and like 1/8" away from the surface to get the edges. Under the pictures you can't see it as well but there are overspray areas that I'll clean up. This is all using my old Binks Wren single action airbrush and the small bottom-feed bottle.

I think I have decided to add some dark shade to it. I printed out my pictures in B&W and used a pencil to do the shading. I think I can do it. After doing it it reminded me of something that I had seen before. I finally remembered. It's a paint scheme similar to either a MiG 15 or Mig 17. It's overall green on top with yellow stripes and black stripe shading.

I think this is the Mig I was referring to in this link.

http://www.geocities.com/alvmaia/Mig/15bis/Chi1.gif

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

John Howling Mouse

Yeah, I thought it was some cool futuristic hovertank, too.  Nice!  I'd leave the camo "as is" though.  I like the subtlety between the tones.  If you darken up around the yellow ochre stripes, is there not a possibility they'll come out looking a bit toylike?  Man, if there's any way you can set this up as a hovertank floating over an alien landscape, do it!  :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Draken35

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

noxioux

That's a superb job of freehanding there.  Very well done :thumbsup:

MarkH262

OK, here's an update with the 3rd color for shadow added and most of the weathering done. The road wheels and tracks still need to be permenently attached as well as the barrel and mantle. I took pictures with and without the side skits. Need to add the weather texture to the rest of the lower hull then flat coat it all and finish the tracks.

Tell me what you think so far. The srcratches on the side skits were made using a panel scriber for the deep ones and an X-acto knife and file for some of the "dings" and gouges on the edges and, after it was all painted, dragging a well used steel wool scrubbing pad over them for some of the smaller scratches.

Besides these pictures you can see the rest of the in process ones at Photobucket.

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh117/mahernandez262/Trumpeter%20E-100/?start=20

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

ChernayaAkula

:o Niiiiice! The weathering, scuff marks and so on look great! :thumbsup:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Sisko

Nice stuff!! The weathering is very subtle yet effective.

Always a treat to see some what if armour :thumbsup:
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Mossie

This is great!  Is there a story to the missing skirt section?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.