A 'make your mark on the world' opportunity? Whiff a Wingnuts kit?

Started by Daryl J., April 10, 2009, 09:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl J.

Hey everyone,

I had a brainstorm last night whilst digesting some Johnnie Walker Black Label:   With the advent of Wingnut Models, the fact that they host a gallery for builders' models, *and* the fact that their boss is amazingly creative, how about Whiffing some of their stuff and send it in to their gallery.

Peter would likely notice eventually.   :thumbsup:   Who knows where that would go................

Daryl J.

GTX

Quotehad a brainstorm last night whilst digesting some Johnnie Walker Black Label

Amazing how that happens ;D.  Good idea though :thumbsup:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Daryl J.

The SE5a Hisso:  Clip the wings one bay, remove the weapons, and using an 1918-ish font build up the Red Bull demonstration aircraft.   Colors according to the era.

The LVG:  convert the wings to plywood, increase both top and bottom spans by about a quarter  and bring the tips to a point not unlike the wings of some Lloyd aircraft only the point is mid chord rather than far aft.  Bright wood finish.   High altitude pressure suits for the aviators that fit in with Jules Verne or Alan Quatermain styles.   The thin air machine gets used for early meteorological research.   Perhaps it drops  lines of weather balloons.... :blink:

The Bristol Fighter:  Marconi-equipped Quadratyre with a bunch of vacuum tubes and thin wire antennae...see thread on WW-1 stuff from a couple years ago.  It might be heavy enough that the only thing it can shoot a Zeppelin down with at night is a flaming arrow from a longbow, but what the hey.  :blink: :blink:

The Junkers:  Since the kit is of the machines with the fabric aft fuselage, convert the back half to plywood that has external carbon fibre supports, a glass cockpit with a few old time instruments for good measure.   Hand thrown small laser guided bombs.  Natural metal fuselage in the front.  Possible conversion into a monoplane using an extension of that big upper wing on the lower.   Who cares about revised thrust lines needed.   ;D   Building up a 1/32 scale laptop for the pilot to be searching out his orders, weather, and stock quotes is far beyond my skill level at this time but would add to a diorama's impact. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Now if Peter decides they need to kit a B.E.2c........

:cheers:
Daryl J.

Daryl J.

Since Wingnuts is making so many people nutty about WW-1 wings, how about this vignette in 1/32:

Hobbycraft's SPAD X.III with bare metal wings, one MFD in the cockpit alongside traditional instruments, a figure riding a MAGLEV-like 'motorbike' alongside, and the aircraft being pulled by a harnessed Stegosaurus (that's the dino with the big trapezoid plates on the back and spiked tail).   The dinosaur would be following a Sapphire much like a donkey follows a carrot and have some red 'Remove before Fight'  covers on the tail.    The 'bike' could have wired in light blue lighting for it's undersides representing 'energy'.

I can see the aircraft alone working well enough on HS, but the rest of it..........LoL.

Or do I need to go on medication?   :blink: :party: :party: :party:

Daryl J.

GTX

QuoteOr do I need to go on medication?

Of change that which your on...

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

puddingwrestler

SOunds like an excellent idea!

I cannot remember who makes it, but there is a traditional (ie: not computer or video game) RPG set during the Civil war, in which the Confederates have dinosaurs and the union have salvaged alien technology - and it was thought up BECAUSE of medication!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Daryl J.

LoL

Actually there was no medication involved at all, not even Black Label.    There's just a lot of creativity in our family and has been for a very long time.   The idea's rather offbeat and sounded good.   Maybe it was the lateness of the hour.    The SPAD got packed into the suitcase a few minutes ago along with 'Angels and Demons' to pass the week out in the desert.

Now to figure out what to do with that other 2" fishing bobber that was left over, a used Sure deodorant container, Evergreen styrene products, and Roden's Fokker F.1.

And P-dub, would you by chance know the name of that game?    If not, that's OK.  Bridgetown Hobbies and Games in near enough by and they're pretty familiar with the genre.   

Daryl J.

Dork the kit slayer

Quote from: Daryl J. on April 12, 2009, 12:32:34 PM
Since Wingnuts is making so many people nutty about WW-1 wings, how about this vignette in 1/32:

Or do I need to go on medication?   :blink: :party: :party: :party:

Daryl J.

er yes.....and why are you even here if you havent got meds. Note to moderators: issue meds with membership,we cant have sense breaking out willy nilly.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

puddingwrestler

Quote from: Daryl J. on April 12, 2009, 04:59:34 PM

And P-dub, would you by chance know the name of that game?    If not, that's OK.  Bridgetown Hobbies and Games in near enough by and they're pretty familiar with the genre.   

Upon getting back to my own home and consulting Dungeon Magazine issue 106 (the companion to Dragon Magazine, as in Dungeons and Dragons, nothing to do with whips and chains... oh, okay, so probably some of the RPGs menmtioned involve whips and chains and... I'll shut up now), I can reveal it to be Broncosaurus Rex from Goodman Games.
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Daryl J.

Broncosaurus Rex it is then.   Thank-you very much.

Having just arrived in the desert for another 4 day stint, the SPAD is what got put into Ye WellPack't Suitcase to begin the mods necessary prior to prepaint.   That, one sanding stick, a sprue cutter,  a jar of Mr. Surfacer 500 and a toothpick.   Oh.....the high tech of it all.    Maybe I can talk the wife and kids into a trip to Michael's this Friday when I'm back with them to find a MFD display and an appropriate sapphire for the Stego.   An emerald might have been more 'cool', but it'll disappear against a green grass background plus I've personally been on Yogo Mountain in Central Montana where the world's best sapphires come from.

Thanks again for the game reference.

Daryl J.